1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We will be conducting maintenance tonight to update server processes. Downtime may be 1-2 hours or more, starting at 10:15PM Eastern.

Special Edition Team Gemini A2 . . . .Special Offer. . . And Specs. . . Coming Sept. 6, 2017

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 5, 2017.

1. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I'm in four shore

StealthCaliber and lex2006 like this.
  2. zxgeoff

zxgeoff

Jan 6, 2005
    Me likey

3. StealthCaliber

StealthCaliber Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2006
    you can never go wrong on a Gemini, if you end up not liking it for some inconceivable reason keep in mind that the damn Battle Grade TGLB's go for $700 on fleabay.

4. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    I may go for one but I just know if I do a satin leaner meaner will be offered next.

5. StealthCaliber

Jul 20, 2006
    so buy both, I mean geez :rolleyes:

6. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    To fully understand the "COMP" Finish from BUSSE you have to understand it's nasty butt ugly with tool marks and Jerry made it an option many moons ago to those hardcore HOGS that were going to THRASH their new blade. It was at a reduced price because labor cost to get a nice finish was eliminated Jerry passed on the savings...Great for those that KNEW what to expect...Now once they announced a reduced price for COMP many buyers jumped in not knowing the extent of the finish...Sadly this is where the train ran off the tracks...TO MANY returns for rework because noobies wanted PRISTINE SATIN thinking that was what the COMP finish was supposed to be....Sorry it was the exact opposite...You can polish a stripped blade because the finish on the new stuff is better than some of the OLD COMP...The amount of returns for rework ENDED the future of any new COMP MODELS...(the way of the DODO)

Silas, co556guy, Chingon1988 and 2 others like this.
  7. StealthCaliber

Jul 20, 2006
    I liked the nasty butt ugly look, looks more "custom" than a shiny new paint job. Has more soul to it, and so does the satin or polished

F'lar likes this.
  8. UDDwaine

UDDwaine Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Are these going to have the same Rockwell Hardness as Infi, or a little higher?

9. StealthCaliber

Jul 20, 2006
    should have just renamed it as "RAW" instead of competition, most people competition automatically means top of the line performance or looks

10. StealthCaliber

Jul 20, 2006
    probably around 60-61 HRC A2 is like D2 it needs a few extra points

11. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Why do I believe you F'lar

F'lar likes this.
  12. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Also curious about this.

rsdeke likes this.
  13. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    To add a little bit more, the focus on the competition finish blades was the edge. Zero work on looks, tons of work on the edges.

The initial batches of comp finish blades (hell razor, sarsquatch... the ones that still had decarb on them) had amazing zero edge full convex edges that went almost a half inch up the primary grind. Later "comp finish" knives had a basic v edge.

14. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Trying to pretend I don't need this one, but I doubt I can really pass on a Special Edition TG...

BlackDahliaMontana likes this.
  15. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    I really appreciate the history lesson.

It's too bad, because I always thought the comp finish was sort of a neat statement (even into the artistic expression of it) about what the thing is meant to do. The ultimate expression of form following function.

At the end of the day, I just like the look of steel. Shiny, not shiny. Rough, satin, scraped or mirror. I just like the look and feel of steel.

16. BlackDahliaMontana

BlackDahliaMontana Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I'm in on this, it'll partner well with my comp finish tglb. Don't even mind that it's coated.:D

17. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I figure I have a TG, TG 14, TGLB'S, TG Crusader, TG-M, TG-P & BGTG how could I justify passing on this one. It will be iconic, Busse back to its roots with using A2 (a great steel) with Jerry's heat treatment. It's a no btrainer, those who pass WILL regret it in 5he future. :D

18. Dair

Dair Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Is the logo a bit off centre or am i just not drinking enough?:D

19. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I'm in... maybe for two.
    I have a feeling this is gonna go like a Gaanza...

20. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    The more you drink, the more centered it will look. . . . We were drinking plenty. . . and thus it is off center on the proto. . . no worries though. . . we should be able to get most of it on the knife somewhere. . . :confused::eek:

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D