Special Projects 4th July Sale

I got the flyer for it in the mail today!

Time to put in an order for some machetes!

I got the flyer for it in the mail today!

Time to put in an order for some machetes!

Just so you know...you can get a lot of that stuff NOT on sale at various vendors, and still pay less than the sale price offered through the website. The Kopis machete is on sale for $29.99...the one I got NOT on sale was $25. Same with the Boar Hunter...it's on sale for $73.99, you can find it for $60 pretty much year round at various other vendors(a certain famous rainforest comes to mind). Don't get me wrong, I love me some CS, and if you want to order direct through them, go for it...but if you're only ordering to take advantage of a discount, well, you can get a lot of it cheaper elsewhere year round.

Just so you know...you can get a lot of that stuff NOT on sale at various vendors, and still pay less than the sale price offered through the website. The Kopis machete is on sale for $29.99...the one I got NOT on sale was $25. Same with the Boar Hunter...it's on sale for $73.99, you can find it for $60 pretty much year round at various other vendors(a certain famous rainforest comes to mind). Don't get me wrong, I love me some CS, and if you want to order direct through them, go for it...but if you're only ordering to take advantage of a discount, well, you can get a lot of it cheaper elsewhere year round.

Thank you for pointing this out. I already make most of my cutlery purchases from various Internet discount dealers, including the one you have referred to.

I do like getting catalogs in the ol' "snail mail" still too. So buying factory-direct is a way to keep that happening!

...you can get a lot of that stuff NOT on sale at various vendors, and still pay less than the sale price offered through the website.

Talk like that will get your Account banned over at the Cold Steel Forum (and maybe here too). Mods over there are going on about how great the prices are. I don't know who they think they are fooling. And if someone is drooling over the vietnam hawk I would suggest you buy it from the person that designed it, not the one who copied, stole the name of the hawk and the company that makes it. Cold Steel dumps and the fans say it's a feast. Wanna know how I really feel?

Not good sale prices, might be able to find the same products for cheaper if you look. Some of the prices are good prices but most of them are not.

The truth is that hardly any manufacturer can afford to under cut their dealers with a sale. That's just common sense. As an importer of "value" knives, you don't bite the marketing hand that feeds you. But the euro mod (you know, the one that was ordered by the courts to move his knives out of his house because of his violent act against an unarmed person) that said they were "Great prices" is just not a guy who's word you should take at face value.

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't trying to start a fight about CS, just wanted to point out to fellow members who might not have been aware that a lot of this stuff, even at sale prices, can be found a fair bit cheaper elsewhere. I try to be helpful to other members here, that was my only intent. I'd do the same thing if I saw the same thing occurring with Benchmade or Spyderco or w/e.

I like the looks of the Code 4.....

If only it was in S30V or another steel in the same class.....;)

Yeah, I hadn't heard about the Code 4 series before I got the newsletter email today. Those look sweet!

Voyager is better, Code 4 is acceptable but without serrations :) and of course with better blade steel: S30V, Elmax or CTS-XHP ...

Back