Specs And Pricing For The TNT-15 Sword

Have we talked about the grinds on these yet?

not sure if it was just me but i was hoping for a smoother transition from the edge to the flats

(edit: i need to invest in calipers)

Last edited:

not sure if it was just me but i was hoping for a smoother transition from the edge to the flats

I learned A lot from this blade.....

Whew

yDPGczg.jpg

please don’t take what I say below as hating on the company , it my favorite brand and the brand I own more knives than any other.

let’s say the TNT has 3 levels.
Level 1 edge profile (bottom 1/3 of sword) (mini mini CBT).
Level 2 CBT. (Middle 2/3 of sword
Level 3 non machined upper blade steel ( 3/3 top of sword )

I have 2 , tnt15’s

There 2 different, Level 2 CBT Bevels, on has 5 (bottom sword) the other has 6 (top sword). The one with 5 has quite a large shoulder transition.

There are also edge profile thickness difference on each. The one with 5 CBT bevels edge profile is quite a bit thinner, Exacerbating the 1 to 2 shoulder transition. it is also more of the blade as it ate the 1 CBT bevel.

I will look for a caliper - but they are obvious enough by touch that there is a noticeable difference.

This along, With my issues with the finish - I’d rather paid 50-75 more to have a better finish and consistency. Maybe I’m picky but I like what I like and don’t what I don’t.

EA14993A-2ECE-45D2-B653-3589D470711B.jpeg

Last edited:
please don’t take what I say below as hating on the company , it my favorite brand and the brand I own more knives than any other.

let’s say the TNT has 3 levels.
Level 1 edge profile (bottom 1/3 of sword) (mini mini CBT).
Level 2 CBT. (Middle 2/3 of sword
Level 3 non machined upper blade steel ( 3/3 top of sword )

I have 2 , tnt15’s

There 2 different, Level 2 CBT Bevels, on has 5 (bottom sword) the other has 6 (top sword). The one with 5 has quite a large shoulder transition.

There are also edge profile thickness difference on each. The one with 5 CBT bevels edge profile is quite a bit thinner, Exacerbating the 1 to 2 shoulder transition. it is also more of the blade as it ate the 1 CBT bevel.

I will look for a caliper - but they are obvious enough by touch that there is a noticeable difference.

This along, With my issues with the finish - I’d rather paid 50-75 more to have a better finish and consistency. Maybe I’m picky but I like what I like and don’t what I don’t.

View attachment 1637823
Different amount of cbt ledges???
If that's true, that doesn't make any sense? They are probably CNC machined.
All should be the same.
Interesting

I didn't count mine before I sold it, but they were very steep/ adbrupt.
Not gradual

Are these requiring signature for delivery?

Dang ok. This might get messy lol
Yeah, my wife didn't answer the door...... And I had to wait two more days, and had to drive to go pick it up....... I was not happy with her

Different amount of cbt ledges???
If that's true, that doesn't make any sense? They are probably CNC machined.
All should be the same.
Interesting

I didn't count mine before I sold it, but they were very steep/ adbrupt.
Not gradual
Doesn't make any sense to me either. If these are infact CNC machined, I would then expect a reasonable amount of consistency between the blades as far as the number of cbt ledges and edge profile is concerned.

Did they change the cbt ledges/edge profile in mid production?

Back