Specs on the Green River...finally.

So I finally got time to do this thing up.
Hope you dig it.
If you don't like to hear someone ramble for nine minutes then it's best to skip this one.:eek:

[youtube]DgyKtuEIsXg[/youtube]

Iz

Great stuff buddy, I'm sure that knife is gonna give a real good showing when it comes to the competition.

I'm not sure if I prefer it over the original Gasconade River though as that looked close to perfect to me anyway ;)

I couldn't quite tell in the video, how is the butt cap attached ?

I cant take it anymore! Iz go ahead and at least put me on the waiting list! I mean I got six months to figure out all the other details on it. I keep going back and forth on handle and pin combos.

Great stuff buddy, I'm sure that knife is gonna give a real good showing when it comes to the competition.

I'm not sure if I prefer it over the original Gasconade River though as that looked close to perfect to me anyway ;)

I couldn't quite tell in the video, how is the butt cap attached ?

It's hard to see in those pics but here's how it's done.
I cut a triangular slot in the tang that at it's widest point is slightly less than 1/4". That tapers down to a 3/16" hole on the end. Then I take a two pound sledge and beat in a piece of 1/4" all thread. File down the sides so the scales fit flat, drill and tap a piece of steel and then glue it all up.
It's a no weld deal and very, very strong. I saw a great tutorial on it at knifedogs.:thumbup:

I cant take it anymore! Iz go ahead and at least put me on the waiting list! I mean I got six months to figure out all the other details on it. I keep going back and forth on handle and pin combos.

Cool, man. If you want you can fill out a quote here
Green river quote
That way we have a solid time frame and all the general aspects. Don't worry, you can change anything you want up until about a month-ish or so before I start.:thumbup:

Thanks, guys. Glad the vid wasn't to boring.
Iz

Cool, man. If you want you can fill out a quote here
Green river quote
That way we have a solid time frame and all the general aspects. Don't worry, you can change anything you want up until about a month-ish or so before I start.:thumbup:
Thanks, guys. Glad the vid wasn't to boring.
Iz

Done that a while back so that sets you a spot? I just thought that that was a estimate. But that is great b/c now I got about a 2 week jump!!

Done that a while back so that sets you a spot? I just thought that that was a estimate. But that is great b/c now I got about a 2 week jump!!

No, that's just a quote form. Unless you specifically said you wanted to order the knife then I don't have you on the wait list.
I can't remember usernames and real names so if you want to pm your real name I can check the list to see if you're on it.
But yeah, if you didn't give the go ahead then I didn't consider it an order.
Iz

Sent you an email with all info on it. If you can get me a cut in line that would be great. About Feb :thumbup::D will be good. lol

Hi Iz, finally got around to checking out the Green River. Nice job on the design and R & D to get to where it is. I agree with the features and your opinion of a field knife. Be in touch. Have a Happy New Year,
Mike

Thanks, Mike.:thumbup:
Hope you and yours had a great Christmas and hope you have a great new year, too.
I also hope you haven't been snowed in. :cool: Wish I could get some more of it sent my way.:D
Iz

Now if we can just get those "knife testers" in the comp. to get with it and finish up so we can see how Iz's Green River does! And I'm willing to bet that Iz would love to have his knife back to already!

Now if we can just get those "knife testers" in the comp. to get with it and finish up so we can see how Iz's Green River does! And I'm willing to bet that Iz would love to have his knife back to already!

I know that everyone is anxious to see the results of that comp. me included. But man did those fella bite off a lot to chew at the holidays, and they are incouraging more to enter!! Yea I bet since Iz gave the orginal away that he is jonesing for that GR back :thumbup:

It looks like they're starting to get rolling with the test now.:thumbup:
It should be cool to see what the results are for sure, I'm looking forward to it.
Iz

Iz I really like that design. Especialy the reinforced pomell!! I haven't had one of those on a knife since my USAF pilots survival knife. I miss it. I used that knife as a chisel to cut a hole through a door for a log cabin. Didn't damage the knife either.

Iz I just tried to send a quote form from the link above. It gave me a message saying the form I attempted to submit was not properly generated. Hope you got it.

Mike ya know he can put a pommel on alomst all of his knives, (it will cost ya though, takes a lot more labor he say)

But I love my modified Dogwood with brass pommel!

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it.
I'll check in on the quotes tonight and let you know if I didn't get it.
Or you can fill out another one if you want just to make sure.:thumbup:
Iz

Back