Speed Safe Torsion Bar Grease

Some one had said that if you pack the Speed Safe bar in grease it will make it last longer. My question is does any one know of a good grease to use, Anti-sease, White Lithium, Marine type are Just a few that pop in my head any suggestions?

I've been using Super Lube. It's slick, stays in place (viscous grease), odorless, and cheap.

I use Super Lube also sometimes, or whatever grease I have available really. White lithium works fine, as does DOW 33, most silicone greases, etc.

"Some one had said that if you pack the Speed Safe bar in grease it will make it last longer."

How long do they last? What is the lifetime of the torsion bar?

Last edited:
It doesn't make the torsion bar last longer, just stops it from rattling when the blade is open. I use the White Lithium grease as well, just a small amount. No need to "pack" it.

How does one pack the grease in to prevent rattling? Do you need to take the knife apart?

Yes, you have to take off one of the scales. Make sure you do it with the blade open so there's no tension on the tension bar. Put some grease in the area where the tension bar moves with a q-tip. Replace the scale and you're done!

Yes, you have to take off one of the scales. Make sure you do it with the blade open so there's no tension on the tension bar. Put some grease in the area where the tension bar moves with a q-tip. Replace the scale and you're done!

Thanks!

Hmmmm... So I guess it is safe to assume that if my torsion bar doesn't rattle when open, it has enough grease in it already?

Back