Spinal Cord Implant

Thank you to all. Procedure was fantastic! Implant is working perfect, can block every feeling from below my ribs thru the tips of my toes. Just have to get used to it. Too high of a setting and I cant feel my legs at all and fall right over. It's the craziest feeling ever! Like a million Butterflies with jackhammers inside my body, pounding furiously at any pain they find. Hope to be up and about n a few weeks after back heals. Will post pics soon.

Lee I'm really, really, happy that you're getting some relief after all the years you spent in pain!!!:thumbup: :cool:
There's no one that can totally understand what severe chronic pain is like for each one of us that's had to endure it, not even one that's gone through the exact same procedure as we're all different but you no doubt already know that. ;) :)

I've heard about the device you've had installed but don't have any first hand experience with such except as far as a TENS unit goes, actually I've got mine on my shoulder as I'm typing this and I know your device is so far beyond a TENS unit as to make such totally obsolete!!! :)
In my case my pain management doc thought that the Intrathecal Pain Pump Implant would be best and that's what he did... So far I've had nine spinal surgeries, six of them on my low back in order to ultimately fuse everything from L-1 down to S-1 and three on my neck to fuse C-3 to C-7 and hopefully that's enough!!! :eek:
I recently got a, "Lift Chair" and it's been my new best friend. I was gonna type BFF but that sounded to girly-fied.;) :p :D

Thanks Guys. YVSA, I know you have been living with Hell a long time and I hate it for you. I hope you still have brief moments of relief. I have been using TENS Units on and off for many years also. I got a new digital one a few months ago that didnt have little knobs that could get bumped and jolt you into lock-up. I could never wear them constant for more than a couple days, then the places where the pads were would burn for a few days. I have had the implant on constant since April 4th and it still feels great, with intensity so powerful that I can't feel my legs at all and can see the impulses contracting all thru my body. It seems that it could be felt by others but it cant. Just waitn for the incisions to heal on my back so I can get outside.
I know exactly how you feel about a new BFF. When something gives me relief at all, sometimes I feel like saying and carrying on like the craziest of things.

Last edited:
Lee, I'm very happy that your procedure went well and that you are getting relief! What a blessing!

I had an anterior/posterior fusion at L5/S1 a few years ago, then a car accident two years ago that screwed up the next level up. Was out of work until two months ago, and only working part time now. I go in for another back surgery Monday, a discectomy at L4/L5. If that doesn't work then I am going to give the implantable stimulator a whirl ~ I know quite a few people that have them, most with favorable results.

Take care, and keep us posted on how you are healing up and enjoying yourself :~)

Thanks again to all for the thoughts and prayers that helped me thru this. It's working great!

Some pics of Spinal Cord stimulator. Please PM or Email for any questions regarding procedure, recovery, pain relief, coverage areas or anything.

1st pic. 10 year rechargeable generator/battery and actual leads that were used during the 1 week trial in March.
2nd pic. My back afer complete install, battery on left, center is where they push the leads in then up, about even with the heart, then feed them to the battery. You don't need much meat on you to hide the battery perfect, with a good Neuro Surgeon. Leads are 21" long. 8 contacts ea. 16 contacts total. Entire procedure done while awake, so I could go home right after.
3rd pic. Actual picture of monitor during surgery showing the placement of my leads against spine, placed against spinal cord even with heart is where the best coverage for leg pain blockage is.
4th pic. Programmer and wand that is used to turn on/off and change progams. Programmer takes 3 AAA batteries. There is a rechargeable charger that looks about the same. The rechargeable implant generator/battery lasts 10 years. Each charge lasts about two weeks. You can get about 4 recharges from the rechargeable charger.

trial implant.jpgimplant complete.jpgmy spine.jpgImplant programmer and wand.jpg

Last edited:
Back