spinal rig

How many of you have used the spinal rig with lightweight Bowie that's got a 13" blade, say like a Hossom for example? Are they pretty comfortable and concealable in a rig like this? Did you use a JSP sheath or have someone else make your sheath to be compatable with the rig? I'm especially interested in the opinions of any of you guys that run in the larger "moose" size that wear this type of rig. Let's say 6'1" and in the mid to upper 200 lbs range.

Thanks for the info.

Sincerest Regards,
Nobody

I've worn Hossoms in a spinal rig, both a 12.5 inch Millennium Bowie and a pair of 11 inch Millennium fighters on a rig I made myself. I also made the sheaths myself for both the rigs (Blade Rigger's and my own). If you've got a "do it yourself" attitude, it's a great way to make exactly what you need.

Like any carry system, it takes practice. My only concern about your getting a rig like this is that I'm 6'5" and 300 lbs. I can BARELY conceal a bowie with a 12.5 inch blade. The 11-inchers are no problem, however. 13 inches may be a tad long to conceal under a loose shirt.

The key is practicing the draw. It doesn't matter how comfortable you get an wearing the rig, what's crucial is that you et used to drawing the knife quickly and safely.

Have fun,

Matt

P.S. You're welcome Don ;)

Thanks Matt,

Do you happen to have a pic of the 12" Hossom in the spinal rig you could send me so I can see how it looks "in use"? Thanks for your time.

Sincerest Regards,
Nobody

Back