"Spinning In The Orchard"

VCM3

Dealer / Materials Provider
Platinum Member
Aaah well,I guess you had to be there,lol.
But here is the knife:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5352664#post5352664

Mike Robuck can tell you about the fun joke we had,everyone PM him,now,lol :D

Here is a view of this knife that I do not believe 'ol Knifehead captured,but check out that pen blade there, too, Besides a perfect fabulous knife ! Look at the unique look to this Westinghouse micarta,Thank You Kerry :)

DSCF4529.jpg

Right now,as we look here,Mike is scrambling for some internet goodies to post here :) :D

No, no, no, just want to say what a fine looking knife you have there from Kerry Hampton. Congrats, I know you will get some good use out of it.

No, no, no, just want to say what a fine looking knife you have there from Kerry Hampton. Congrats, I know you will get some good use out of it.

Awe come on Mike,come up with something...
Mike ,it was a funny -ass joke. :D What a picture,I tried it today,it was so cold I got dizzy & lost my lunch but Copper ate twice!
Mike,are you sure you don't write material for stand up comedians ?

Mike,Thanks & they look happy,too,no ?

I thought we were talkin' 'bout swaybacks, not sowbellies! :eek:

Elliott, that's me and the lil woman at the hogs and heifers roundup last summer.

I told Kerry that I could see Vince spinning circles in the orchard he posted pictures of with his new knife in one hand and his dog in the other. It's all good.

Kerry, that is one of my all time favorite patterns. Unbelievable first effort. I guess you have a mentor or two around the shop to get pointers from huh? Keep putting them out.:thumbup::thumbup:

Oh yeah Mike, that picture made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.:barf:;)

There's Mike, always dragging out the family album!! Sheeesh!

There's Mike, always dragging out the family album!! Sheeesh!

Well guys,it's like this....When I started the thread,I could have just typed Hampton Swayback.But the stories behind the knives & people are way more fun.I really did not know where it would go,but certainly I knew I would be entertained a bit :D by it.
I've met a lot of really great people here on BF's & in this trad forum.Kerry Hampton is one amongst a bunch.I am looking forward to meeting in person at the Blade Show,very much.
Kerry ,I thank you one more time for a really special pocketknife you made for me & wish you all the best with the knifemaking
-Vince :)

Definitely entertaining! See what you did by making that knife, Kerry??
Great thread Vince!

Mike,at 78 lbs.,Copper would be pretty hard to spin.He loves the snow.We got a blanket today.One of the traits or instincts of a Rhodesian is to run after anything that moves.I let Copper go in the snow,there is no one around in the park on the other side of my property witch is in between my nieghbors nursery.The same park,Blues,where they hold the "Relay For Life" breast cancer benefit,you know,w/you called from Tony's room at Blade,my wife & her friends were all in a fluster,getting ready,a few thousand people showed up.
DSCF4538.jpg

DSCF4542.jpg

DSCF4535.jpg

DSCF4534.jpg

I'll be in Atlanta ,this year when the Relay For Life event happens in the park next door.My wife,already suspects I will not be quite rite for a while when I get back. Still got the swayback on me,great little knife!

The same park,Blues,where they hold the "Relay For Life" breast cancer benefit,you know,w/you called from Tony's room at Blade,my wife & her friends were all in a fluster,getting ready,a few thousand people showed up.

I don't remember making any phone call. As I recall, it was some Detective Sergeant from Atlanta P.D. :eek: :D ;)

DANGIT! Looks like I missed the party. I'm glad Vince is happy though. :) Use it in good health and keep 'er sharp.

Hey Kerry,glad you could make it,yeah,the partiers are all passed out,lol.
Kerry the swayback is top shelf,I will be watching to see the knives you make as you finish & show them.
I am really tickled over this knife,Thank you so much
Now,I'd like to introduce Copper's degenerate cousin "MoMo" from out west,he wants to make bird dogs
birddog.jpg

Back