Spirit springs

I have got a swisstool spirit and just wondered if any of you had noticed movement in the springs for the pliers (the part with the hole for the corkscrew ). They actually move slightly up and down , this has never happened on any of my swisstools which seem to be rock solid even after heavy use over the years , the spirit is new and seen no use yet and the play is on both springs so its not just a case of one poor or faulty one .

Dunc

dunc5 said:
I have got a swisstool spirit and just wondered if any of you had noticed movement in the springs for the pliers (the part with the hole for the corkscrew ). They actually move slightly up and down , this has never happened on any of my swisstools which seem to be rock solid even after heavy use over the years , the spirit is new and seen no use yet and the play is on both springs so its not just a case of one poor or faulty one .

Dunc

sorry man, i dun have a spirit now, but one of the handle of my RS had some noticeable play....is it a defective one? :confused:

I haven't noticed any movement, but something related has come up...

A while back someone borrowed my Spirit to open a bottle of wine. By the time they were done the little tab where the corkscrew attaches was noticeably bent. I would have thought the things would be better designed to handle the stress. :(

--Bob Q

bquinlan said:
I haven't noticed any movement, but something related has come up...

A while back someone borrowed my Spirit to open a bottle of wine. By the time they were done the little tab where the corkscrew attaches was noticeably bent. I would have thought the things would be better designed to handle the stress. :(

--Bob Q

Thats a bit worrying , time will tell how the spirit holds up.

Dunc

Back