Spitfire 722 Pocket Clip

I own several Spitfires, including my favorite, a S35VN with a bead blasted blade. I want to change the arrangement of the blade clip and saw that I need a very tiny Allen wrench to remove the inserts from the holes. Does anyone know where I can obtain one? It is smaller than the smallest wrench I own. if I know what size it is I can order one from someone online, but I don't want to by a complete set.

The clip is a Torx, but to move the clip you have to remove some inserts from the other holes.

Apparently they placed those in there to keep corrosion, lint, etc. from buggering up the threads. I used a jewelers loupe to look in there. My eyes will not let me see something that small anymore.

I must have not explained myself correctly. I understand the pocket clip is secured with Torx-6 screws. I was talking about the potential other ways the knife can be configured to be carried. There are inserts in the other 9 holes that have tiny hex heads. I found on a popular site that the small sizes of Allen wrenches to remove the inserts will either be .035 or .028.

There should not be any inserts in the other holes for the pocket clip. (If that's what your talking about. You should just be able to remove the 3 t6 screws, reposition the clip in the spot you want it and thread the screws in. There should be nothing in the holes of the other 3 positions of the pocket clip.

If this doesn't help please post pics of what ur talking about so we can help better.

I dont know what you're talking about. here's one I own no inserts in the pocket clip holes....20190816_214828.jpg 20190816_214755.jpg 20190816_215007.jpg .

this one came from the factory like this...no inserts anywhere. this isnt my only one have a few all no inserts. did they just start doing that?

If it's the black micarta version from C&C, I believe there are brass helicoils in the holes.

That's the only S35 model, right?

You dont want to remove those.

I dont have one so I could be imagining things...

If it's the black micarta version from C&C, I believe there are brass helicoils in the holes.

You very well could be right cause I've seen the helis threaded in with an Allen.

OP if this is the case do not remove them, just thread the screws in as I stated above.

i also have one of those micarta ones. gonna have to go look......

custom shop option has s35vn. maybe left in their from cerakoting? guessing and badly but still confused on what these inserts in the threaded areas are? never seen them in mine.

op can we get a pic please. thank you Sir.

Makael beat me to it. :p

This is the black Micarta version. Just has threaded inserts, so you can change the position of the clip.
upload_2019-8-16_21-48-45.png

If it's A Spitfire from SK Blades Stephen made sure all extra holes had set screws in em :) not sure of the wrench size but it's a tiny one :p. Pic sucks I don't have a Allan wrench this small so can't help with the size.
IMG_4762.JPG
Yep set screws in every hole except the clip holes :)

Last edited:
Here's a better pic of another one of SK's offerings
IMG_4764.JPG
The clips are right where I like em so I never needed to remove the tiny screws but I like em in there rather than just empty holes :D this is a black handle with a stonewashed black oxide S35VN blade SK called it the EXTREME :) just for the hell of it another from SK the HORNET the yellow one you guessed it came with set screws . The Orange one did not. I believe The set screws are only in SKs offerings is why all the confusion :p but unfortunately that didn't help the OP with the wrench size :)
IMG_4767.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a better pic of another one of SK's offerings
View attachment 1180089
The clips are right where I like em so I never needed to remove the tiny screws but I like em in there rather than just empty holes :D this is a black handle with a stonewashed black oxide S35VN blade SK called it the EXTREME :) just for the hell of it another from SK the HORNET the yellow one you guessed it came with set screws . The Orange one did not. I believe The set screws are only in SKs offerings is why all the confusion :p but unfortunately that didn't help the OP with the wrench size :)
View attachment 1180091
that clears up my confusion thanks. I have a skblade one. never noticed. gonna have to go look.

guess skblade would know the size besides buck.

Back