1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Question "Spot Deal" Rule - need some help in understanding better

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Herlock, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Herlock

Herlock

May 13, 2015
    Hi Tech Support!

Along these two years here I think I have mostly managed all the rules :) but I need some further clarification about the “spot deal” rule. I think it’s just my problem, likely due to English not being my first language and the translation (and the concept) being a different thing in my own language. To better understand, I’ll try with “business cases” examples; can you help me out in defining what is GO and what’s NOGO in relation with braking or not the “spot deal rule”? Thanks a lot! :)

Case # 1
    Member 1: Oh boy, that’s a great ABC folder you’re having there! I’d like to get one myself!
    Me: Thanks! Oh, that’s perfect! I have it for sale: it’s 100 bucks, if you want it’s yours.

This is clearly NOGO for me. Am I right?

Case # 2
    Member 1: Oh boy, that’s a great ABC folder you’re having there! I’d like to get one myself! Don’t find any dealer here having one in stock. Where did you buy?
    Me: Thanks! I bough it at XYZ. They have in stock, here’s the link: http://xyz, etc.

Is this GO or NOGO?

Case # 3
    Me (rambling about e.g. a new acquisition): So this is my new ABC folder. Got a great sales experience and support from XYZ dealer who runs a brick & mortar store just 20 km away from my home. They also sell on-line and Tom it’s a really good dude to deal with.

Is this GO or NOGO?

Thanks for clarifying!
    KR

2. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Case #1 - This would be a GO for you as you're a gold member. We do however prefer business like this stay in the Exchange or taken private. This would be NOGO for any membership below gold (registered and basic).

Case #2 - This would be a GO if you're mentioning a supporting dealer/business. If it's not a supporting dealer/business, it would be a NOGO. You can however always take these conversations to email or another means of private communication.

Case #3 - This would be a GO provided it was posted in the correct forum (Feedback).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    KELAMA likes this.
  3. Herlock

Herlock

May 13, 2015
    Hi @Morrow! Thanks for explanation. Very clear now :thumbsup:, I was, in fact, misunderstanding few things about this :).

4. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Yes, thanks for the clarification/reminder.

On the same go/no go type question.

Current scenario - Some guy is selling a knife. NO PHOTOS and not telling how to obtain photos :confused::mad:.

There are 4 people asking him to email photos.

I'm interested too but I want to post in his sale thread (not in bold - just here for clarity) -

PLEASE post photos in this thread. While you are emailing photos to everyone you could be closing a sale HERE!

Go or NO GO? It is a sale related question (though admittedly with an attitude):rolleyes:.

No I'm not going to get in the email queue :thumbsdown:

Ray