Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Or, don't make a lot of something so it can be sold for a higher price.
If you look at the other Blade HQ specials like the M4/ghost Jade, or the recent copper PM2 the prices aren't lined up to pull in as much profit as the market will bear.

I"d guess they just use these to drive customers to their site and have them buy other stuff at the same time.

If you look at the other Blade HQ specials like the M4/ghost Jade, or the recent copper PM2 the prices aren't lined up to pull in as much profit as the market will bear.

I"d guess they just use these to drive customers to their site and have them buy other stuff at the same time.
I think you are correct. I buy a lot of exclusive/sprint type knives, and not just from Spyderco, and I find that main sites I buy these from are the sites I automatically go to for something regular. It's almost subliminal; it is good advertising.

Had to skip the Tanto for now just didn’t wet my whistle enough. That dlt cruwear pm2 looks great, never had cruwear but hear it’s fantastic.

Who's your email through? It was probably flagged as spam.

My domain MX is hosted by Office 365 Exchange and I control my own spam, but I wasn't signed up for this one. In the past I get them after they are sold out, same with text notifications. One time I got a notice a day after the knife went live and sold out. Not digging on BHQ, none of them have proven reliable in my experience. Not something I'm going to invest time in solving I've just learned not to rely on them unless it's a regular item waiting for inventory to be refreshed.

I'm pretty sure anyone who wants a PM2 Tanto in S30v will be able to get it if they can get to their computer today :thumbsup:

My domain MX is hosted by Office 365 Exchange and I control my own spam, but I wasn't signed up for this one. In the past I get them after they are sold out, same with text notifications. One time I got a notice a day after the knife went live and sold out. Not digging on BHQ, none of them have proven reliable in my experience. Not something I'm going to invest time in solving I've just learned not to rely on them unless it's a regular item waiting for inventory to be refreshed.

I'm pretty sure anyone who wants a PM2 Tanto in S30v will be able to get it if they can get to their computer today :thumbsup:
that's true. it usually isnt before the launch, wasnt this time either. good point.

I think a lot of people are trying to justify the cost of the tanto by saying that it's a complicated grind. Personally, I think that's a bit silly. Yes, it's a more complicated grind but there are a ton of knives with complex grinds that are sold at low price points. This tanto version is mostly the same as the standard version. I think the pricing is a bit aggressive.
I also don't appreciate the lack of information that comes from BHQ. They seem to be focused on marketing more than anything. They don't even tell customers if there's a satin version coming.

I'm thinking there is. They did that in reverse for the Emerson Wave exclusive, with the satin coming out and then a bit later the DLC version came out. I totally had my alarm go off, but then forgot about it again. I'm not really feeling like I lost out. There are just so many PM2 exclusives now that it's impossible to care about them all. The Waved PM2 was useful to me. Once I get some aftermarket scales, it'll be really nice.

Back