Spyderco Advocate bearing Race A total Failure..

They said it was caused by over tightening the pivot. They put it in the mail yesterday so should get it back next week.

They said it was caused by over tightening the pivot. They put it in the mail yesterday so should get it back next week.

I assume it was a pre-CQI Advocate. It would be cool to know if they put the CQI bearing/washer system in it or still had some pre-CQI guts on hand.

I assume it was a pre-CQI Advocate. It would be cool to know if they put the CQI bearing/washer system in it or still had some pre-CQI guts on hand.
I will look and see if it different when I get it back. I bought it second hand and it was one of the numbered forum knives. I think I paid 150 for it. So I assume it's an older one.

Hi Josh,

Sorry for your disappointment. It's hard to dig up info on knives that are really old of have been taken apart and incorrectly put back together. A common problem we face in Customer Service daily.

Hi Daveworld,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

Hi Josh,

Sorry for your disappointment. It's hard to dig up info on knives that are really old of have been taken apart and incorrectly put back together. A common problem we face in Customer Service daily.

Hi Daveworld,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Hello Sal! Thank you, I am happy to be apart of it Sir.

Mines pre CQI and flips just fine. Just have to be careful when you disassemble. It’s one of my favorites now that it’s no longer goldish.
17nvqHc.jpg

Back