1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Amalgam Mini Review

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by jstn, Dec 8, 2018.

1. GundaManiac

GundaManiac Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2011
    There's something familiar about that first image....:D

Sergeua likes this.
  2. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Is that 3d printed?

Here is how I envision the spine mods.
    The knife in a middle has black tape on the spine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. GundaManiac

GundaManiac Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yep! That's the mockup that was submitted to Spyderco.

Is that a Mantra 1 with the spine taped off to resemble the reinforced tip on a Delica?

4. Salokcin69

Salokcin69

Jun 16, 2019
    Wow, you aimed up exactly how i feel about it. The only thing that could make it any more of my grail large pocket knife, is if it had m390 steel. Other than that... It's immaculate to me.

GundaManiac likes this.
  5. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'd love to see some M390. My only other minor complaint is I'm not crazy about the CF/G10 laminate handle. I'd prefer textured G10 or CF for better traction. MY ideal setup though would be Cruwear and micarta. Now I'm getting myself all excited!

Salokcin69 and GundaManiac like this.
  6. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Don't care much for jade G-10, but I'd spring for a M4 Jade G-10 Amalgam.

Salokcin69 likes this.