spyderco and emerson

spyderco and emerson are my favorite folding knife companies.I would like some input on what company is better and why.?????

From erg's to practical use, to design, and sd.??????

thx gine.

Different strokes for different folks.

It's not really possible to say that one is "better" than the other.

Those are my two favorites too. I don't know which is best. Spyderco seems to have more "style." They have a diverse line. EKI makes a handful of darn near bombproof blades. Both guys are top notch.

Both are nice knives and very well built but I like Spyderco because of the edge they put on their knives. I am not a fan of the grinds that Emerson uses and have found them very hard to get sharp. I have never been able to get an Emerson as sharp as a Spyderco and in fact have never been pleased with any edge I have ever put on an Emerson. Both knives are very nice in all other aspects. Just my thoughts. Kevin :D

Why not go for the best of both and get a Spyderco with the Emerson Wave? (Delica Wave or Endura Wave)

Better is so subjective. I can only suggest trying out some other brands - Benchmade and Kershaw come to mind as having excellent offerings. Keep Zero Tolerance in mind, (owned by KAI, Kershaw Parent). If you wanted to step up, could go with Bradley or Chris Reeve.

I like the spydercos for their utility and ever evolving style and models, the emersons are more of a defensive tactical style blade. The wave is the cat's meow when it comes to rapid deployments. Of course, spyderco has come up with some classic defensive tools like the civilian and gunting. Two great companies.

I like the spydercos for their utility and ever evolving style and models, the emersons are more of a defensive tactical style blade. The wave is the cat's meow when it comes to rapid deployments. Of course, spyderco has come up with some classic defensive tools like the civilian and gunting. Two great companies.

I agree entirely.

I like the spydercos for their utility and ever evolving style and models, the emersons are more of a defensive tactical style blade. The wave is the cat's meow when it comes to rapid deployments.

My opinion mirrors that. Spydercos have great ergonomics and feel great in the hand. Emersons are mostly designed with SD in mind

It definitely comes down to personal preference, but I can't blame you for liking Spyderco and Emerson- they're certainly 2 up in the top somewhere for production knife companies.

Different strokes for different folks.

It's not really possible to say that one is "better" than the other.

I agree with AfterTFD. The companies don't really compete for the same set of users. The knives are significantly different.

I love spyderco and emerson as well but along side of them I would put Benchmade. I just picked up a Kulgera and a Rift and I would put them up against any knife in that price range.
TC

Back