Spyderco Byrd Flight

So after the long "$20 EDC" thread I got an amazing list of recommendations, if I had a great deal more money I would start my collection with a series of great 20 dollar knives which were recommended to me, but alas, I've really grown to like Spyderco. They're obviously an incredibly trusted manufacturer who's been producing knives for years, and I particularly like the design of their folders with the "spidey-hole" deployment method. Unfortunately I don't really have the money (or much of a desire) to spend $40+ on a Spyderco Tenacious right now, so I'm going with the next best thing, their Byrd lineup of budget folders.

I wanted to ask if anyone was familiar with the Byrd Flight, one of their slightly larger knives, more comparable to the Cara Cara 2. I like the proportions and design of the Flight more than the Cara Cara but I was wondering if anyone owned one, and could recommend it. There were so many great recommendations directed towards my question that I want to make sure I don't make a mistake when picking my future EDC.

Another thing I was wondering about was the rust susceptibility of the all stainless steel versions of the Byrd knives, because I've read a few comments on Youtube that show concern towards the possibility of rust on the stainless steel handle. I live in Florida so rust is a bit more of a problem for me than for a lot of other people.

Thank you :thumbup:

Back