• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

SPYDERCO CIVILIAN IN 440V

Cobalt

Gold Member
Ok, stop salivating, I was just wondering if this may be a plan and how many would like to see it.

I've come close a couple of times to buying one of these bad boys. Besides the fun factor, I've never figured out what I'd do with one. In 440V though, I think I'd have fun trying.

count me in to! That would be real sweet if the Civilian was in 440V steel. Hope Sal is
listening.
'til next time
PR

Hi All,

First if you want a direct answer from Sal go and post this message at the Spyderco Forum where Sal answers anything.

According to what I've seen so far I get the impression that a 440V Civilian is a sure bet to come. Spyderco is moving production to Golden Colerado plant (Military, Starmate, Native) and start to utilize the 440V in more models (Starmate and Native are known to receive a CPM treatment) so a 440V Civilian is a sure thing IMHO

YEp,

Let's just hope they won't temper the CPM440V to high on the Rockwell scale...

CPM440V is so good with medium temper (around 54 HC)

Cheers,

JM

The Civilian is pretty wild just the way it is. I prefer the AL handled model. Since it is a limited use knife: I don't think the difference between blade steels is too important.
Jim

Back