1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

spyderco.com problems

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by neuronic, Feb 27, 2019.

1. neuronic

neuronic

Aug 29, 2014
    Hi,

last week spyderco.com got updated with new spam protection and now I can't log in or even reach anybody there.
    I tried to reset my password but no mail was sent to me, I tried creating a new account just to check if it works but no confirmation mail was sent to me, I tried contacting the board admin but got no feedback whatsoever...

Anyone got similar difficulties? Maybe the new spam protection is somehow blocking me out? Any ideas what to do?

Thanks!

2. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82996&sid=a25e069d6b89b84226d9ea82e7b29d14

3. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Looks like their may have been a bug since they are taking the server down briefly this morning

4. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Yes, I had a problem logging in after the update. I finally gave up.....

5. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Just logged in. No problem.

I use Firefox which is a buggy as it gets. Sometimes have to use Chrome or Explorer to log into certain websites instead but not this time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  6. toxophilus

toxophilus Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2015
    Don't know if it's related but afterwards I kept getting a message when attempting to access the site; had to clear my cache, cookies browser history etc. after that I was able to get in... this was on my chrome browser.

7. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Got logged in successfully this morning. I had to reset my password but it works now.

8. neuronic

neuronic

Aug 29, 2014
    Still doesn't work for me... no response, no confirmation mail, nothing.

9. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Neuronic,

Welcome to our forum.

I'm sure Taz will see this thread and get you sorted.

sal

neuronic likes this.
  10. neuronic

neuronic

Aug 29, 2014

Hi Sal,

thanks, that would be great

cheers,
    Ben

11. BladeBill

BladeBill Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    neuronic likes this.
  12. neuronic

neuronic

Aug 29, 2014
  13. tazkristi

tazkristi Spyderco Moderator Moderator

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey, neuronic:
    I'm sorry for the delay. I've been out with the flu. Can you send me a private message with the e-mail address that you registered with? I'd be happy to take a look.

It's important to note that the update we did was only to the forum. Spyderco.com and the forum are two separate databases that aren't connected so an account on one doesn't act as an account on both. Our site itself hasn't had any changes recently related to the backside. The forum upgrade didn't change anyone's login info so I don't think the two are connected but I'll figure it out. ;)

Kristi

14. tazkristi

Apr 20, 2005
    No bug... just an update. We moved the forum to a new server the week prior and it took longer than expected so I decided to do the updates separately. All should be well. ;)

Kristi

kniferbro likes this.
  15. neuronic

neuronic

Aug 29, 2014
    Hi Kristi,

that would be great. Can you start a privat conversation? As I understand I can't since I don't have a paid membership.

Thanks a lot!
    Ben

16. tazkristi

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi, Ben:
    Unfortunately, there's not an option for that due to your account type. Can you e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll go from there? One thing you might try is to clear your cache. I had to do that while testing the forum prior to bringing it back up again after the move. There might be a corrupt session cookie that's "confused" (for lack of a better term) because of the new URL. I'll watch for your e-mail and we'll get it resolved. Thanks for your patience!

Kristi

17. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    I tried every login I ever used anywhere and finally was told I was a bot. :)
    Oh well.

Joe

18. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Personally since they did the software update/repair over at Spyderco.com I haven't had any problem logging in or posting. I kind of wondered if it was a problem for newer members until I seen that "MASTIFF" was also having problems. Heck he's been on Spyderco.com about as long as I have ( 2004).

I do hope that they can soon find the main part of the problem these guys are having. I'm wondering if "internet service providers" might be part of the problem? My ISP is one of the really big icon providers. Just a wild guess on my part. I've heard in the past that guys with e-mail addresses from g-mail and hotmail accounts had problems in the past. This concerns me because I would go through serious withdrawals if I couldn't hook up with the guys and girls of Spyderville :D

19. neuronic

neuronic

Aug 29, 2014
    So you're still completely locked out, too...?

Did you try reseting your password?

20. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    "So you're still completely locked out, too...?"

"Did you try reseting your password?"

Last night I did. I'm not sure if that was it but whatever happened I got in finally.
    Joe