Spyderco Delica With FBI markings

I have recently received a Spyderco Delica, all stainless steel with "EVIDENCE RESPONSE TEAM" etched on the blade and the symbol of the Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation etched on the handle. I am a traditional knife carrier most of the time, so I was curious about this knife. Does anybody know anything about it? It was free to me. Hopefully it is worth something..lol. Thanks for any replies and if this is not appropriate here, please lock. Thanks!

We can't respond to what, if anything, it is worth, due to your membership level (rules).

That said, it should be a Delica 2. Most of the ones I've heard of had no Boye dent, making them pre-2002.

The personalized etching does not increase the value except to an individual that wants it. Like a paint job on a car.
Spyderco may have personalized an order for the government or it could have been done by a retailer. Blade HQ and countless other dealers engrave.
Search the big auction site for what Delicas sell for. That's how pawn shops price their items.

I have recently received a Spyderco Delica, all stainless steel with "EVIDENCE RESPONSE TEAM" etched on the blade and the symbol of the Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation etched on the handle. I am a traditional knife carrier most of the time, so I was curious about this knife. Does anybody know anything about it? It was free to me. Hopefully it is worth something..lol. Thanks for any replies and if this is not appropriate here, please lock. Thanks!

I'd love to see some pictures

Back