Spyderco Firefly

Does anyone have this blade? I hardly ever see it in pocket dump threads and there is very little in the way of reviews. Was this particular model a bust? It looks to be pretty comfortable in the hand. The orange/cf looks well executed, although the bright orange g10 is a little different imo.

Never heard of this very cool name & fitting description, looks a lot like the Rubicon. Maybe didn't go over since it's kind of expensive for VG-10.

Hopefully someone who has one can chime in. I would like to hear about this knife from someone who has it. I agree that the price is a bit steep. Too bad you don't ever see them on the used market. I would pick one up to play with for the right price.

Never heard of this very cool name & fitting description, looks a lot like the Rubicon. Maybe didn't go over since it's kind of expensive for VG-10.

If I had to guess, I'd say your right. That's what did it for me at least. It goes for about $295 CDN. I really like the look of it, along with the blade shape. But, in the end, I decided to pass. There were just too many other knives with better bang for your buck in my opinion. Still hoping for a sale though! :)

I have a FF that W&R sent me in exchange for a discontinued model that couldn't be repaired. It's a neat little knife but I would never pay the asking price for one.

One issue is the pocket clip is tiny and almost unusable. Also, after I received mine I made the mistake of flicking it open a few times. The blade centering went way out of whack and now rubs the liner on one side. I put it back in the box and it's been there ever since. I'll send it back to W&R one of these days and see if they can fix it. Once the centering is fixed I'll be sure not to flick it open again.

Back