1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Firefly

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Kutch, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Kutch

Kutch

Dec 26, 2014
    Does anyone have this blade? I hardly ever see it in pocket dump threads and there is very little in the way of reviews. Was this particular model a bust? It looks to be pretty comfortable in the hand. The orange/cf looks well executed, although the bright orange g10 is a little different imo.

2. GotSteel

GotSteel Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Never heard of this very cool name & fitting description, looks a lot like the Rubicon. Maybe didn't go over since it's kind of expensive for VG-10.

3. Kutch

Kutch

Dec 26, 2014
    Hopefully someone who has one can chime in. I would like to hear about this knife from someone who has it. I agree that the price is a bit steep. Too bad you don't ever see them on the used market. I would pick one up to play with for the right price.

Knifeoholic likes this.
  4. Knifeoholic

Knifeoholic

Feb 8, 2016
    If I had to guess, I'd say your right. That's what did it for me at least. It goes for about $295 CDN. I really like the look of it, along with the blade shape. But, in the end, I decided to pass. There were just too many other knives with better bang for your buck in my opinion. Still hoping for a sale though! :)

5. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I have a FF that W&R sent me in exchange for a discontinued model that couldn't be repaired. It's a neat little knife but I would never pay the asking price for one.

One issue is the pocket clip is tiny and almost unusable. Also, after I received mine I made the mistake of flicking it open a few times. The blade centering went way out of whack and now rubs the liner on one side. I put it back in the box and it's been there ever since. I'll send it back to W&R one of these days and see if they can fix it. Once the centering is fixed I'll be sure not to flick it open again.