Spyderco & Gardening

Spent 2 days outside with the Serratta again. Actually, 2 of them. The Spyderco version and nearly identically shaped one from Stuart. Forget what I said above about them not being good on vines. I changed the way I use these - you can't machete through vines with them. But cutting on a bias they go through everything like butter. Both knives cut well, with the custom doing a little better. My Spyderco Serratta also cuts better since I reprofiled it to ~17 DPS.

The belly on these really likes to cut, and the edge just keeps cutting.

Regarding the custom, it's thinner at the spine by 1mm and much thinner behind the edge. The size and shape of them is nearly identical.

Last edited:
I have a Spyderco knife that I bought for $ 50, it's a very good deal because I use it almost every day. Spyderco is very good for different purposes. The only thing is, it's not very good for the garden, maybe I just don't have the right type of knife. If you can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it. By the way, I recently became interested in gardening, because of the quarantine, I have a desire to grow something. So, I decided to start with the lilies I saw here https://www.hobbyplants.com/peace-lily/. These are wonderful plants that have an incredible smell. If you have any ideas about which knife is best for gardening, please let me know.

Last edited:
Back