Spyderco HAP40 Thread

I managed to acquire another Hap40 Delica recently after snapping the tip off the blade of my first one .
So here is a pictorial account of my afternoon of unboxing and mutilation .
There are two things you need to understand about my relationship with the Hap40 Sprint line of Spyderco knives .
I love the Steel , but the color of the scales reminds me of the curtains in a 1970's cheap motel .
Within minutes of opening the box my Hap40 blade was nestled in the Blue scales of another recently acquired Sprint ZDP189 Sabre grind Delica from 2006 .
I've carried it twice , love the unusual Blue scales , but the Sabre grind is not my top choice even though ZDP189 is top shelf Steel in my opinion .
So I now have my favored steel in my favored scales , and a Sabre grind ZDP189 in Burnt Motel Orange that will probably never see the light of day ever again .

Ken

Can we please have another run of the ever so popular Delica in HAP40?

Ken - That looks awesome in that blue. I like the butterscotch too, but blue jean blue

7598a0814712c5e437e29aa5d119c688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I would resurrect this thread to see how everyone is liking their HAP40 Spydies. I recently picked up a Dragonfly off the exchange and it has been in my pocket with the Delica ever since. HAP40 has become my absolute favorite steel after many, many months of use. My HAP40 Endura and Delica are probably my two most carried folders for the last 10 months or so. The Dragonfly is, surprisingly, my first version of this model and it has quickly become a favorite as well. Pretty sure I could be very happy with those three folders only, if push came to shove. :)

Hap is my favorite steel right now at the moment too, I carry my stretch more then my pm2 now. I do finally have some m4 coming though so we will see how it performs against the hap.

I really like mine and kind of wish I had not sold off the rest of the set.

I can use my Endura for a couple weeks then hose it down with with some brake cleaner and have it sharp enough to shave hair off in about 3 minutes.

10 Hap40s (2 Ladybugs, 2 Manbugs, 3 Dragonflies, 1 Delica, 2 Stretches), a Bradley Air in m4, 2 Super Blue Manbugs, an ADV Pocket Butcher in D2, and a Michael Morris made from a file. And a Pelican case with a giant Evadry dessicant ... because rust is not an option.

My HAP40 Delica and Endura get the most use out of all the knives I own. I can keep them sharper than other steels with less effort, and the thin grinds are working out beautifully for me. Wish I had bought backups when they were available, but hey the next sprint might be even better...

Bent the clip on the Endura and finally got a chance to fix it. It's been sitting in my center console for a couple weeks and I have missed it.

Also finally was able to center the blade and get it to be semi smooth and drop closed like the rest of my knives . It seems the issue was a clip screw pushing on the blade, moving the clip and retightening the scale screws fixed it.

I want a solid slab of HAP 40. My Dfly has not rusted and patina has been negligible. The maker in Japan needs to man the F up and start being ok with non laminated blades- FACT!

Like other have said.
Love the steel. Just hate frn scales..

Boomer52 fixed it

SANY0003_zps8lamtoz5.jpg

HAP40 :D

Back