Spyderco Leafstorm?

How Is It? Do You Like It?
I'm Thinking Of Making A Sale Of Some Knives That Aren't Getting Used And Buying A New Knife... Of Course Lol.

Anyways, I've Been Looking At The Leafstorm And It Seems Like A Really Awesome Little Knife.

So If You Have One... How Do You Like It? What's It Feel Like In Hand? Is It TOO Small?

I'm Just Wanting Some Opinions Because I'm Strongly Considering It... And If It's Not As Great As It Seems... What Would Be You Recommendation For A Spyderco Frame Lock?

Keep In Mind I Have The Sage 2 And The Chokwe.

Thanks For The Help,
Jessie

I am thinking about getting one also in a few days. From what I've heard, the ergos are uncomfortable for medium to large hands, some also think its a little over priced for the materials. But, I'm not going to say anything bad about this little knife until I have actually used one. The only thing I'm not sure about is the lack of liners on the g-10 side. If you do get this, could you post some pictures or maybe a little review?

It's a small knife, but really capable.

I keep one in the collection for days when I can only carry small.

Leafstorm22.jpg

Leafstorm.jpg

I Have Rather Large Hands Myself, That's Where I Question It Most Lol.
Yes My Name Is BladeChick777 And Yes I Am A Chick, But I Do Have Really Big Hands For A Woman.
Also The Drop Off On The Blade, Is That Tough To Deal With When Using It For EDC?

If I Get One, I'll Post A Review, But I'm Waiting For More Replies Before I Start Selling And Jump On It.

i have one and love it....

that said, its not a "great" knife. its more of a knife you love or hate because it's a unique odd ball. the ergos leave a lot to be desired yet i still carry it more than knives that are more comfortable in hand just because i like it so much. its not for everybody.

and then again i drive an old volvo 240 wagon for kind of the same reasons :D

Well.. The Chokwe Is An Oddball Design, But It's Excellent.
But It's Also Larger, Has Great Ergos, And Has A Full Blade.

I find myself clipping this one in my pocket day after day. The fit and finish is excellent. It cuts like a razor. And it handles just fine, even in my very large paws.
I can't think of a single negative about this knife.
And you'll find it plenty different from the Sage 2. If ever there was a knife that is it's own thing, it's this wonderful little Wilkens/Spydie collaboration.

Leafstorm%2520diagonal%2520ti.jpg

Leafstorm%2520centered.jpg

Leafstorm%2520diagonal.jpg

Leafstorm%2520stand%2520up%2520G-10.jpg

Leafstorm%2520ti%2520side.jpg

Leafstorm%2520edge%2520up.jpg

Leafstorm%2520edge%2520up%2520close.jpg

I really like mine. As others have observed, the ergonomics are not the greatest, but it seems fine for me. There is something about it that I really like, and I can't really put my finger on the exact reason. It has a certain classy flair.

And it has a blade that meets the length restrictions for Federal buildings.
PB061127.jpg

PB061131.jpg

PB061132.jpg

I do not own one but have played with one at the SFO every time I go. I love the looks and want to like it but the ergos just don't work for me. It feels awkward in my hand, when you close it one handed it feels like you are going to catch your palm between the blade and handle and it felt like my hand would slide down onto the blade easily. Even with all those negatives I still want one and I don't know why.

I dont own one but I've handled them before and I think they're pretty cool. They feel kind of strange in hand but they look great IMO. I was thinking about picking one up but decided Im going to wait for the Spyderco Techno to be released. Maybe you could consider that instead. Looks like a more comfortable handle shape.

I Really Like The Techno.
Idk. If I Get A Leafstorm And I Don't Like It I Can Always Trade It For Something I Do Like.

I have been doing alot of trading lately. Where I live we dont have a big store full of spydies for me to try out. I have had a sage 2 and a few others pass threw lately. I got the leafstorm on friday. It has not left my hand/pocket sense. I love the ricasso, it gives the knife a certain lore to it. Kinda like I know how to use a knife, thats why I have this unsafe looking knife. I have large hands. Gloves are always a large or xl depending on brand. I dont think theyre is a better small knife out there. It is like a scalpel in my hand. An extra finger. Very stout and i love the feel of the smoother g10 on one side. Your imagination is the limit on how many ways to hold this knife. And it os very secure. I can grip it all in hand so that the blade is just poking out of my hand. Very subtle and secure. The corner of the blade being just next to the skin. I tested this grip and lunged it into some drywall. I did not get cut. I am mow wanting a real Wilkins leafstorm ;)

I like the knife. I it is great for my collection, but never made to EDC. Ergos can be much better. Kopa and even Dragonfly are giving me much better and secure grip. Also, mine has a sticky lock. I was advised on Spyderco forum to use graphite lubricant or permanent marker. Both tricks work, but for couple opening only. I open and closed may be hundred times, still sticks, which is little bit annoying. But I like the knife and keep it.

I too find the ergonomics a lite liking but it works okay. Other than that, I love the way it looks and it's very well made. The lockup on mine is perfect and it will stand up to some hard use. If the handle shape works for you I think you'll love the knife.

I have one but never used it in my rotation. I more of a FFG blade kind of guy that why it's Not being used.

I've never had the opportunity to handle a Leaf Storm, and even with all that I've read about the quirky ergos I still find myself on the verge of being obsessed with owning one. There's just something about it, but it was the Natural G10 that first drew me in; I absolutely love that stuff.

I like it.
I wish the scale was titanium though.
I think it looks nice, has a nice shape.
Works fine.

I have a Sage II and I think it is ugly, especially the blade.

I'm Thinking About Jumping On The Leafstorm, Or Maybe A Ti Military - I Think I Might Like It Better, But I'm Not Sure What To Go With Though. I Might Get Something Different Lol.

Back