Spyderco Manix 2 saved my A$$!

well, considering he was at the hospital ER for a few hours; hospitals don't like guns in them.

Maybe in NY. If you have a carry permit it shouldn't be a problem, at least not in Florida. I carry a spare gun in my 'man purse' so if I forget mine somehow I will usually remember the bag and can carry the spare. I always take the bag with me when I head out the door to have with me in the car so I have lots of supplies in case of an accident.

well, considering he was at the hospital ER for a few hours; hospitals don't like guns in them.

a hospital is considered just like any other place of business. usually a carry permit covers a wide area with a few exceptions like schools, banks, & federal buildings. he's in texas, one of the most gun friendly states. regardless, that's why there's the car trunk for the few exceptions.

Maybe in NY. If you have a carry permit it shouldn't be a problem, at least not in Florida. I carry a spare gun in my 'man purse' so if I forget mine somehow I will usually remember the bag and can carry the spare. I always take the bag with me when I head out the door to have with me in the car so I have lots of supplies in case of an accident.

that's why i have a maxpedition falcon 2 as my edc - there's no mistaking it for a man purse :p

Having served in the Army for 21 active years and 15 in the Reserve, I can tell you with experience that you are in the less than 1% of the population who has the in-built capability to fight back whilst under mortal physical attack. More than 99% of the population would have given in after the first blow. It takes courage to do what you did and my complements to you Sir.

This is so true. I just hope I would have the same instince if the time ever arose... I sure hope it doesnt though. :(

When the dust settles from all this I would like to know the details on how the criminal managed to elude capture for so long with a major stab wound. I would especially be interested to know if he had received any medical care.

This is one reason why many carry concealed. Around here there is no law against carrying in a hospital.

Oh, and this is also one reason people have safes in the their vehicles. This incident happened at Walgreens, which is definately not going to be "off limits" for a legally carried firearm.

My neighbor called me to the ER last night after he was hit by a car. I spent 5 hours with him in the hospital. I just happpened to have my .45 on my hip when he called (concealed).

There is no "Law" against guns in hospitals in WA State, but the hospital is private property and can make it's own rules. All they could have done is ask me to leave their property, but not arrest me.

Falcor said it pretty well - nice job - not only staying in the fight but bringing it to him - especially when stunned and surprised.

Sounds like you have a warriors mindset - probably kept you and your loved ones from being abused.

Well done.

Back