Spyderco page evolves

Discussion in 'Chai Cutlery Forum' started by James Mattis, Aug 24, 2000.

1. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    My Spyderco page has had a modest update, and now includes "teasers" and pictures for the new stuff that's coming out in the foreseeable future. Arrival dates of new models are, as always, carved in sand.

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 08-24-2000).]

2. Ken Lau

Ken Lau

Oct 3, 1998
    James,

Checked out your new additions. Good stuff!! Looking forward to getting my hands on the Gunting and Meerkat.

Oh I got my Calypso Jr today - thanks. Its a fantastic clipit with an awesome sharp blade. Sharpest outta the box SPyderco I have owned!

Cheers

Ken

3. cerulean

cerulean

May 26, 1999
    Hmm... Wow! Your Spyderco page is looking really good. It actually rivals Spyderco's own catalogue page on their website.

4. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Cool page!
    I have one question so: the Bob Lum tanto with the G-10 scales;is there anything I don't know? should know? or is it just a proto.
    TIA for sharing your knowledge.
    Greetings
    red

5. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    The G10 Lum? That looks like an old picture from R&D time, that wants to be deleted. [​IMG] Good catch!

Anyway, I've tinkered with the page a little more, added a scan of some of the kitchen knives, among other things, deleted the confusing Lum image, and put some "coming soon" models in numerical order, where I now have model numbers for them. Where I don't have prices, it's a bit premature to try to buy them. [​IMG]

C10TR - Endura Trainer
    C11TR - Delica Trainer
    C60 - Massad Ayoob (added digital photo)
    C65 - Bob Lum Chinese Folder
    C68 - Bram Frank Gunting & trainer
    FB02 - Bill Moran Drop Point (added digital photo)

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001

6. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    And here's a Calypso C54 (no longer in production) and the results of an unscientific rubber band test.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001

7. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Uhh!
    Thank Good I save the LUm G-10 file [​IMG]
    Thank You James.
    Now I can go bugging Sal for this version!!!

Greetings
    red

8. swong13

swong13

Jan 19, 2000
    James-

Have you heard anything from Spyderco regarding diamond rods for the Sharpmaker 204? I know Sal said that they were working on these a few months back but I have never heard anymore about them. When they do come in, consider this an order for a set of diamond rods.

Thanks.

-Steven

9. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    I haven't heard anything about the diamond rods for the 204.

But here's another new scan - it's been a while since Spyderco made any "R" knives, and there are no plans to make any more, but I found two in the drawer:

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/spyderco/R.jpg" TARGET=_blank> [​IMG] </A>

Click on the thumbnail ...

Probably not the knife you want if you can only have one knife, but if you already have a bunch of sport-utility knives and they're starting to look alike ....

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001