Spyderco P'kal, loose swivel pin

Anyone who has the P'kal, do you have a slight movement in the blade when in open locked position? I also have slight movement when in the closed position. Either the pin is smaller than it should be or the hole is bigger than it should be.......how can I fix this?....it is kind of annoying, all my other Spyderco's are nice and tight.

Mine has zero movement, my two dodos have and my poliwog have zero movement. sounds like your P'kal needs to be sent back to SPYDERCO.

Mine had some play when I received it. I tightened the pivot screw about a 16th of a turn, and now it's solid. It seemed to have no effect on the 'action' - it continued to open just as easy.

Mine had some play when I received it. I tightened the pivot screw about a 16th of a turn, and now it's solid. It seemed to have no effect on the 'action' - it continued to open just as easy.

Yes, I tried all that, since my last post I have found that the ball doesn’t go far enough in between the blade and the frame to lock the blade. If I flick the knife quite hard then the inertia forces the ball as far as needed and the blade is firm, but if I open it normally then the ball stays back a little in the plastic holder and the result is slight movement. The plastic holder stops against the open blade too soon and the ball doesn’t quite reach its right place........the trouble is that I tried to disassemble the knife to study the action but the small torx screws are so tight that some of them have been partially stripped in the head with the torx bit and I was unable to loosen them and gave up on this exercise........I am happy with the overall design and do carry it but the blade play is annoying.

Back