Spyderco Police 4 Lightweight spyderedge

Dear Sal!
The Spyderco Police 4 Lightweight is excellent, got mine yesterday and Smock go to the cabinet, the Police go in my pocket.:)
My question will come spyderedge version.
Thanks so much.

26517789_f73357468922d4ec39646bf9cd0e2541_xxl.jpg

If it is offered with SE,,, I would purchase two immediately.

Regards,
FK

I'd get one in spyderedge! I love my plain edge, but the Police model needs teeth:) Honestly I really like combo edge on this blade length!

Just picked up one of these at the SFO yesterday and man am I impressed!

I had the black clip switched out for a silver and mounted tip down, now it's just right. I would certainly buy a SE version. :thumbsup:

Love the SE since I can send it in to get sharpened, there is no substitute for the teeth for many tasks(and they just look wicked too).

I’ve been carrying and using mine since I got it and i can tell you it is a crazy awesome slicer, and quickly becoming my most carried blade. That being said, man it would be on another level with teeth. That long, thin flat grind AND serrations?! Plus it’s a police and I just think the police needs teeth to remain true to its roots. I’m at the point now where I almost feel under equipped without a serrated Spyderco on me, so a SE p4 lw would be one of my ideal carry blades.

Nothing in serrated at this time.

sal
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but it seems like the number of models offered in SE has gone down compared to many of your earlier models in which many were offered in PS, SE, and PS.

Curious if I'm imagining this reduction or if Spyderco has mostly moved away from SE models?

I hope the sales on the plain edge are good. It's an awesome design and I hope they make lots of variations!

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but it seems like the number of models offered in SE has gone down compared to many of your earlier models in which many were offered in PS, SE, and PS.

Curious if I'm imagining this reduction or if Spyderco has mostly moved away from SE models?

I don't think you are imagining it. Serrated blades are relatively slow sellers, and they can't afford to have all their capital tied up in inventory that isn't moving. Nowadays it's introduce in PE, watch the sales figures and social media to estimate demand before cranking out SE.

I don't think you are imagining it. Serrated blades are relatively slow sellers, and they can't afford to have all their capital tied up in inventory that isn't moving. Nowadays it's introduce in PE, watch the sales figures and social media to estimate demand before cranking out SE.
I figured they would sell slower, but I also thought that smaller batches might make up for slower sales. I've observed that there is quite a demand for many models in SE, but that probably doesnt translate into enough sales for Spyderco.

Hi Maugust,

In the early days, serrations were better sellers because; 1) they stayed sharper longer, and 2) they cut more aggressively. Now. we have better steels that do stay sharper longer and most of our competitors have made serrated knives, most of which did not perform as well as ours and gave serrations a lesser reputation.

sal

Hi Maugust,

In the early days, serrations were better sellers because; 1) they stayed sharper longer, and 2) they cut more aggressively. Now. we have better steels that do stay sharper longer and most of our competitors have made serrated knives, most of which did not perform as well as ours and gave serrations a lesser reputation.

sal
Thanks for your input! I will say I've never used better serrations than the SpyderEdge. Love the SE hawkbill ladybugs especially, but haven't made the leap into larger knives.

Any insight as to what models you guys are looking at to do next in SE?

Also, please make a GITD ladybug!

Thanks for your input! I will say I've never used better serrations than the SpyderEdge. Love the SE hawkbill ladybugs especially, but haven't made the leap into larger knives.

Any insight as to what models you guys are looking at to do next in SE?

Also, please make a GITD ladybug!

A GitD ladybug would be awesome. Great for on the keychain or zipper pull

Back