Spyderco Proile MOD... Delica/Verrazano

I've created another GrindMod Delica... I call this one the Verrazano.

The prototype scales have been machined... 1X1 checkerboard LVA carbon fiber with the same CF for the back spacer. The sculpted pocket clip is 2X2 twill LVA CF.

ulTvewE.jpg

XpAWv4d.jpg

AnqSF8w.jpg

nDa5jPR.jpg

G70DUYb.jpg

DLTyNu2.jpg

zB7fp67.jpg

aDd9B3i.jpg

069Ef1e.jpg

Machined another Delica/Verrazano... this one is peel ply black G10 w/orange G10 liners... fanburst texture. A smooth orange G10 back spacer and 2X2 twill LVA carbon fiber pocket clip finish it off.

I think this design would look its best with a Casey Lynch Ti deep pocket clip or similar...

LubE371.jpg

tmijiye.jpg

VgBFuF3.jpg

0f6wFMz.jpg

gZSRMGR.jpg

VfOGRtc.jpg

Av1VF4A.jpg

Heyo - I am interested in ordering some lilPara GrindMod scales for my Delica. Any chance you could send me a message, I am not a paid member as of yet. Thanks!

Is the main standout the overall straighter, less wavy handle?
I wouldn't consider any of the small design changes to be all that standoutish. The changes affect the narrowing of the profile with the straighter line of the lower heel area and the facet angles to the heel and head ends of the scale.

It changes that tactical appearance away from the Paramilitary'esque to something more elegant and sophisticated. At least I was hoping for that...

Last edited:
I totally get that, it definitely is a more elegant and slim profile. Although, the telltale hump and slope will always scream PM2 to me, but perhaps not everyone.

nice looking blades ,,
ever been to NYC and crossed the Verrazano bridge ?

I just received a photo from BForum member abbazaba of his Delica/Verrazano.

Using a rotary drum he scalloped the kick of his blade carefully to create a nice flow with the choil!

This has been discussed previously in the GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para thread. The blade mod has to be carefully performed as the blade's closure stop is involved. The blade's closure stop relies on the contact portion of the kick as pointed out by the arrows. So if you choose to modify your blade... do not alter that contact region...

K0haTFT.jpg

iuuDQhN.jpg

Back