1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Spyderco Province

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Ankerson, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Shipped out to the dealers etc today . :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    KarlG, bikerector, DavidZ and 10 others like this.
  2. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    Congratulations on a beautiful and useful design!

Ankerson likes this.
  3. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    Great News! I have been waiting for a long time for this Knife. I look forward to getting one.

4. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    Mr. Ankerson Please take some pics of the knife in the sheath, I hope you are planning a video review and you using it. I also was looking over at Spyderco's Forum on their website and you said a Boltaron sheath would be offered as well, when will that be available?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  5. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Sure looks nice!

6. David Richardson

David Richardson Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Congratulations! That's a great looking knife. And 4V!!!!!!! I didn't appreciate this steel until I got a 4V Mule. Now one of my preferred blade steels.

7. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    How hard is 4V to sharpen?

8. David Richardson

David Richardson Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Not bad. More work than M4, not as difficult as K390.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  9. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    How long does it take to get to Dealers? I think they are stuck in transit! LOL!

10. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    Ok! I have been wondering where the Province is, so I poked around the Spyderco Website Forum and read a post that said they shipped to overseas dealers first and will ship to CONUS Dealers in a week or so.

11. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Very nice Jim. Thanx.

Great design from you and Darrin. It's certainly a special piece and definitely a user. As we say on our Challenge coin; "No more than necessary and no less than perfect".

sal

Ankerson likes this.
  12. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    The Province was released overseas, So when does Spyderco make it official and put it on their Website as a new knife? As of yesterday 9 Aug 2019 it was not on the Spyderco Website. Is there a specific event that Spyderco uses to say now it is official a new release?

13. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    I got the Province today from DLT. It has been a long wait, since this knife first came on the radar, but well worth it. Fit and finish are perfect, the G10 slabs look great, Sheath is nice too, much better than I thought it would be. I really like the Sheath, holds the knife in really snug. The edge on the blade came razor sharp and I (S) Cut paper right out of the box with it. I always have a concern with a saber grind that you may get some drag were the grinds meet, but not on the Province, sliced through paper with no drag. I can't say enough good things about this knife. I have many fixed blade knives, and I have to say my first thought is the Province just may be my fixed blade grail. Great job! Spyderco, Mr. Ankerson and Mr. Sanders. You have put out one fine knife in the Province.

14. S.T.A.T.E.S.

S.T.A.T.E.S. TSProf sharpeners (www.statesllc.com) Dealer / Materials Provider

Apr 27, 2017
    I got mine today. I had full confidence that it was going to be a winner because of Jim Ankerson and Darrin Sanders collaboration coupled with Spyderco's execution. I am not disappointed. I especially appreciate the blade geometry. This is one amazing knife!

15. S.T.A.T.E.S.

S.T.A.T.E.S. TSProf sharpeners (www.statesllc.com) Dealer / Materials Provider

Apr 27, 2017

16. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Congrats, Jim. Looks sweet.

Ankerson likes this.
  17. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    My Genzow HatchetHawk has a new Buddy, the Province. My new Woods Trio, Province, HatchetHawk and Spyderco Folder of the Day.