Spyderco Rescue

G'day All

I am a TV cameraman based in New Zealand. Part of my regular duties is to film from helicopters. Safety is obviously an on going concern when being buffeted in a whirly bird. I have recently bought a Spyderco ‘Rescue’ knife as a emergency rescue tool to cut my way from my harness and the helio in the event of a ditching and was wondering what other members thought about this particular knife. When I served as a police officer I used to carry a Spyderco ‘Endura’ as back up and it never let me down!

Kia Ora
Dogvilla

Good choice. You can't go wrong with any Spyderco, but the Rescue is about perfect for your needs.

I have an SE Rescue 93 mm, and based on what you are planning, it sounds like you made a good choice:) I normally am a PE type of person, but that SE Rescue sure changed how I looked at SE:eek: That sucker really gets the job done:)

- gord

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to respond, your input is greatly appreciated. Have a marvelous 2006!
Dogvilla

Planterz

Іди на хуй Путін!
Platinum Member
I used a Rescue 93mm, and now use an Atlantic Salt (same knife, different steel) as a utility knife. The 50/50 choil makes them very comfortable to hold, and the straight edge gives you lots of control.

I agree with Planterz,
The Atlantic Salt is a slight upgrade from the Rescue.
The choil is better designed as is the thumb-ramp.
And I have been very impressed with the H-1 steel.
Not to mention you get a titanium pocket-clip on the Atlantic Salt.

Good luck,
Allen.