Spyderco Rolling Lock?

I just picked up on a very interesting bit of information on the KnifeCenter of the Internet <a href="http://www.knifecenter.com/leelarae/newspaper/newsbm.html">NEWS page</a>. Apparently Spydie are bringing out a knife with the REKAT lock. What a little ripper
biggrin.gif
. Dexter, Howard do either of you have any more information on this? The strength of the rolling lock is proven so this should be one helluva knife.

Cheers,
Clay

[This message has been edited by Clay Kesting (edited 11-09-98).]

Hello Clay!

Wow, what a way to start off a Monday than to receive some great news like this. This is the first time I've heard of this! Sounds to be very exciting. I'll let y'all know more if I find out any details of this. Boy, them folks at Spyderco never fail to find ways to get me to part with my money!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm....a Pocket Hobbit with a blade hole?
wink.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

[This message has been edited by Dexter Ewing (edited 11-09-98).]

Astoundingly good news! The rolling lock is an incredible innovation. If you've never handled a rolling lock knife, you owe it to yourself to do so. Grab the blade and handle and twist 'em in opposite directions. On almost all folders regardless of lock type, you can kind of feel the knife torquing, even if you can't see it torque. Try it with a rolling lock -- you might as well be doing it with a fixed-blade, it feels rock solid.

All the rolling lock has really need was some tuning by expert knife engineers. Looks like Spyderco did what was needed to be done!

My hat is off to Benchmade, for (yet again) starting a very positive trend. Here's to the liner lock dying forever.

Joe
jat@cup.hp.com

I called Spyderco today and inquired about the REKAT project. All I got was "no comment" Hmmm...

But I believe that they are working on this, as they probably want to bring out a folder that will rival Benchmade's Axis Lock. So we'll just sit tight and see what happens!

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

I have altered my signature to indicate my strong anticipation of certain knives, I hope this will help me see them and get the ones not in production into production....

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I have to toggle the box.....

------------------
Marion David Poff --&gt;mdpoff@hotmail.com&lt;--

Looking forward to the Spyderco Rolling Lock Knife and SpydeRench.

Anxiously awaiting the Benchmade Axis and Pinnacle.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Great idea David
wink.gif
. How successful do you think it will be?

Cheers,
Clay
Still patiently waiting for a Spyderco/Lum Chinese folder.

Clay, I don't know, but not knowing never stopped me before...

Here's to hoping.

------------------
Marion David Poff fka Eye

Spyderco short list: SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, and Spyderco Rolling Lock.

Benchmade: Axis and Pinnacle. Will there be an AXIS AFCK??? I hope so!!!

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Please feel free to e-mail me at your discretion at: --&gt; mdpoff@hotmail.com &lt;--

What do you think of the format of my sig?

------------------
Marion David Poff fka Eye

Wish Lists;

Spyderco: SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, and Spyderco Rolling Lock.

Benchmade: Axis and Pinnacle. Will there be an Axis Lock AFCK??? I hope so!!!

Please feel free to e-mail me at your discretion.

--&gt; mdpoff@hotmail.com &lt;--

David,

Don't know about the format, but the content is so much like my wish list that I think we must be distantly related
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Clay

I spoke to Bob Taylor today...

He said that the re-engineering of the lock was done in-house, by him. In fact, in addition to the new unlocking style, the ball-detnt is gone, now the blade stays closed with tension, from the lock I would imagine, but I didn't get that real clear...

Two new knives coming out, one a Pat Crawford design. One of the knives is called the Escalator, I am going to call him tomorrow and see if it would work out for me to go by his shop. At the very least I want to get some more details, boy oh boy am I excited...

As to the Spyderco Rolling Lock, he said it debuted at the NY knife show. Was anybody there so you can give us an idea what it looked like?????

------------------
Marion David Poff fka Eye mdpoff@hotmail.com

Patiently waitng for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock, Benchmade Axis, Pinnacle and the REKAT NEW KNIVES. Hoping there will be an Benchmade Axis Lock AFCK?

Back