Spyderco "Rookie"

This model came out 1-3 years ago. It's already been discontinued from what I hear from Knives Plus Mail Order.

I got one in G-10 (the only plain edged such version I've ever seen) used, at a gun show, & have never regretted it.

I got a plain edge G-10. I think they are pretty common. While they have been discontinued many places still have them in stock.

I really like this knife. For me the ergonomics is just right. Great blade to handle ratio and the blade is not overly thick like the Standard.

------------------
Roger Blake

Thanks fellows,

I appreciate your feedback. I think I'd really like this knife too. It does appear very similar to an all steel Endura, at least from the pictures I've seen...it is smaller though isn't it?

My local shop has one in stock apparently. I'm going to go there tomorrow to look at it.
I believe it is an all steel version with a plain blade; which is the one I've been drooling over on the Spyderco website.

Jeff/1911.

It is closer in size to the Delica, not Endura. The overall profile is based on the Police model. The blade length is actually a hair longer than the Delica, but the shorter handle and overall slimness from edge to spine make it look & feel much smaller.

I have the G10 serrated version, and it is rock solid, much more substantial than the Zytel Delica, even if feeling smaller. Smoky Mountain still has them at 39.99 (www.eknifeworks.com)

RH - I finally saw (but haven't handled yet) one at my local shop. They sure look nice alright. Thanks for the tip. Jeff/1911.

I asked this on the main forum today:
What are the differences between the G10 Rookie and the Standard? Tip up/down on both of those?

The standard is like the Delica with a too thick blade and G-10 handls. As stated above about the Delica the blade is slightly shorter and wider than the Rookie. The handle is longer. If you go for thick blades than you may like this model.

------------------
Roger Blake

Back