SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

I’ve got to get a wharnie…how do you like it? I have the salt 2 pe lc and se h1 but I really want to try exactly what you’re holding…w/that regrind it’s gotta be a slicin fool!!!👊

I have a few Wharny Delica's and this was a good fit.
But I generally fall back on a Salt2 in LC200N because it feels like a regular Delica for cutting
compared to a Wharncliff.

H1 in PE needs to be toothy to hold a edge. Corse stone.
If you get it shaving sharp you will be disappointed on edge retention.

I bought the knife here from David Mary how did the regrind.

It would be cheaper to find one already reground.

I've been away for a while. Haven't posted about it in over 10 years! But the yellow Salt 1 I bought in 2012 has finally failed me. Okay - the pivot screw fell out. I didn't find it in my pocket or on the dresser. I contacted Spyderco warranty department a couple weeks ago. Oddly, haven't heard back. I don't honestly expect it to be warrantied after 11 or 12 solid years of use. I'm just wondering if anybody knows what I might be looking for at KnifeKits or USA Knifemaker, or even McMaster-Carr, to replace it. I expect I'll be going with Stainless. But I'm not sure the dimensions or thread. I used to do this all the time - upgrading parts, building handles. But life has taken over, and I've gotten kinda rusty myself. Any ideas where to start?

I've been away for a while. Haven't posted about it in over 10 years! But the yellow Salt 1 I bought in 2012 has finally failed me. Okay - the pivot screw fell out. I didn't find it in my pocket or on the dresser. I contacted Spyderco warranty department a couple weeks ago. Oddly, haven't heard back. I don't honestly expect it to be warrantied after 11 or 12 solid years of use. I'm just wondering if anybody knows what I might be looking for at KnifeKits or USA Knifemaker, or even McMaster-Carr, to replace it. I expect I'll be going with Stainless. But I'm not sure the dimensions or thread. I used to do this all the time - upgrading parts, building handles. But life has taken over, and I've gotten kinda rusty myself. Any ideas where to start?
If it helps, maybe once our of three or four times has Spyderco responded that my email, but they always pick up the phone right away. Might be worth trying to call

Thanks! Whenever I think to call, it's after their closing time. I eMailed again - this time to request screws, rather than bug Warranty about a 12 year old knife. If I don't hear back in a day or two, I'll pick up the phone.

Thanks! Whenever I think to call, it's after their closing time. I eMailed again - this time to request screws, rather than bug Warranty about a 12 year old knife. If I don't hear back in a day or two, I'll pick up the phone.
Have submitted 3 eMail requests.
Called. Sent to Warranty. Left a VM. No call back.
Called again. Selected 3 for Warranty. Was actually surprised by a human answering the line!
They don't know the dimensions, but needed me to eMail photos of the knife to CusttomerService. Then they can send me a replacement screw. Did mention that a lot of times, eMail from the website doesn't come through. But an eMail to CustomerService will get answered.
So, finger's crossed...

Anybody know when the 2024 Para 2 Salts in Magnacut will be coming out?? From what I can tell from past years, their releases practically span the entire year, but I want one right now!! 😄

Back