Spyderco-sebenza?????

I'm guessing it's somebody with an image editor having fun. I don't think just replacing the thumb stud with a blade hole would work all that well.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

It was someone using a image editor. Check the thread now, he came clean.

Darn....

It would have been a really good idea, no?

Since most of the people over here can't afford a sebenza, maybe spyderco could change this.
Sorry for Chris reeves, but I am not going to pay 100$ extra for 1/1000 mm extra
small error margin. Sebenza's are, due to their price, no real carrying knives, but collectors items. Owners of sebenza's will disagree, but you folks already went trough the hard part: paying.
biggrin.gif

I like spyderco's, they have a real good error margin when making knives. If they would produce this knife, it certainly would cost less and be mine as soon as it came out.

Actually, Benchmade made the pinnacle, and that is also sort of a working-class sebenza, right? I would like to see spyderco's interpretation of a sebbie. gonna be a killer
biggrin.gif

------------------
"If the world wouldn't SUCK, we'd all fall off !"

member of the BKS
http://www.expage.com/belgianknives

Say it's not so! I was already looking for things to sell. The picture certainly makes it look like a viable concept. Sal is there any chance of integral frame lock appearing on upcoming Sypercos?

The Spyderco Frame-Lock and/or the Spyderco-Chris Reeve collaboration is one of the cannonical Standard SpyderWishes of the knife nut forums, as an AFCk with a licensed SpyderHole and an Axis Lock is one of the cannonical Standard Benchmade Wishes.
smile.gif
smile.gif

But it's not even a "real rumor" of a thing on a real drawing board.
frown.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 08-26-2000).]

Just being a smart @ss, but what's the point behind a production version of a production knife? Kind of like Spyderco making a Spyder-Microtech UDT. What would the knife world gain?

If a Spyder version were turned out, wouldn't a high quality, low cost Sebbie hurt CRK more than help? And for about $200 less, you'd get the hole!

------------------
AKTI Member #A000832

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, the bear eats you."

The CRK Sebenza is one of those things that blurs the distinction between production and custom, but, unlike some other folks here, I don't envision a "Sebenza with a hole" on my wish list.

What I would like to see is a titanium frame-lock from Spyderco, done with the collaboration of Chris Reeve in the engineering, that would be distinctively a Spyderco with the classic Spyderco profile that you see in the Endura-Delica/Calypso/Military etc. - the blade hump, the dropped point, the fairly straight edge. It would not be confusable with a Sebenza in dim light.

Done right, it would probably not be $200 cheaper than a Sebenza. $100 less might be more realistic.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

James...(and Sal) If Benchmade can produce the 750 for around $100 what keeps Spyderco from a titanium frame-lock? I have to disagree on the style, with a primary focus of hunting I would prefer a skinner. Say how about a Keating Ti frame-lock...that would be great!

Knife Nut

I used to think that a sebenza with a spyder hole would be the best carry knife possible -but then again, maybe not....

I would have to hold it to see if it really works...

Now - will anybody give his sebenza to Jake Evans to put a hole in???

Please?

I'm with James on this... there was a time when I thought that a Sebenza with the Spydie hole would be good... now I have the Sebenza, and I don't think that would be such a great thing after all. But a ti framelock Spydie that would look like a classic Spyderco... that might really be another thing. It would also be better for both companies.

Hugo.

Back