1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Spyderco urban leaf knife *FAKE*

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by rycen, Aug 15, 2011.

1. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
  2. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Hmmm, it looks like a DKPK handle with a UKPK blade. Add it to the sticky I started up top.

3. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    Yup, missing the clip slots, it's a fake.

Also notice this seller has to other fakes in their listings, and says they are. But has no problem using the real name. Reported all 3 of them.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. bd51

bd51

Jun 15, 2010
    Looks like a pretty good fake, I hope that there aren't too many of these out there...

5. Orion's Belt

Orion's Belt

Mar 15, 2010
    These UKPK fakes are frightening. They look very real, especially to a new collector.

6. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Holy Smokes,without having it in hand it would fool me.

7. mrdavidross321

mrdavidross321

Sep 20, 2010
    woa that is a good fake, thanks for posting stuff like this, alot of my friends browse the bay and i know they woulda bought something like this!

8. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    I asked the seller two questions.
    1.Why doesn't this knife come in a Spyderco box?
    2.Does this knife come with factory paperwork and warranty?
    I'm curious as to his response if any.

9. rvmaccargar13

rvmaccargar13

Aug 3, 2011
    I sent a message to the seller telling him he was selling a fake....he responded he did not know it was a fake and thanked me for letting him know...he sold the knife and no has another one listed. He knows what he is doing.

10. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic

May 24, 2006
    Wow that one would have fooled me. Nice catch!

11. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    Yep, it's that bogus UKPK again. Definitely one of the harder to spot fakes.

:confused: They shared the same handle. DK just had a slightly shorter blade and non-functional Spyderhole.

[​IMG]

12. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    > No Responce!

13. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Good eye. Thanks for the heads up

14. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    I reported it as a fake. Some people just love to get one over on someone else I guess.

15. rycen

Aug 22, 2002
  16. dark impaler

dark impaler Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Good looking out, reminds me to be careful when buying stuff over there.

17. rycen

Aug 22, 2002
  18. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic

May 24, 2006
  19. DrChimRichalds

DrChimRichalds

Jul 3, 2011
    I just messaged that guy. The three maroon ones are legit but the black one of course isn't. You can tell it's a fake because it doesn't have the pocket clip grooves for left hand carry. This continues to be the best fake I've seen.

UPDATE: Seller messaged me back a retort:
    THANKS FOR INFO, BUT THE BLACK ONE IS NOT FAKE! I TOOK THE BLACK SPYDERCO TO PLAZA CUTLERY IN ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A AUTHENIC SPYDERCO PEN KNIFE. I CAN'T GO WRONG THERE, MY FRIEND. LATER GATOR!!

My response:
    You're dead wrong. The black knife does not have the clip grooves on the other side of the scales for left-hand carry. Look up any other pen knife and you will find grooves for the pocket clip on each side. Each one of your Maroon pen knives has these grooves because they are authentic. The black one does not have these because it is not authentic. Furthermore, the fact it doesn't have a box or paperwork should reinforce the knife's lack of authenticity. I'd suggest modifying your information.

Seller's second retort:
    YES, I NOW SEE THAT, YOU ARE RIGHT. THANKS FOR THE INFO, I WILL POST ON MY DISCRIPTION.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  20. rycen

Aug 22, 2002
    I hope you weren't holding your breath waiting for the seller to change the description.