Spyderco Warranty?

I have a brand new Spyderco Delica 4 I bought from an authorized dealer for a great price because it was their display model. But I’m sending it in to the warranty department in Golden because of issues. It’s very off center, so much so that the blade is rubbing the liner. It also has side to side play but the pivot is cranked down. Plus I can’t adjust it because of red Loctite. Are these issues the warranty department can fix? If so, how’s Spyderco’s Warranty department? I have no experience with them. Thanks.

I've bought enough Spyderco, ZT, Benchmade and even CRK to need some warranty love from all of em.

Nothin is perfect.

It's impressive more don't slip by with the volume these companies make knives at.

Just mail it back to Spyderco with a note and email/phone number and $5 cash for return shipping. One week to process then they contact you. Otherwise contact them and go from there.

Just be specific about what bugs you, like the way off center blade. It’s my experience that there is always a little fluctuation with the centering on FRN models. Nothing that can’t be adjusted, but what you describe sounds like warranty work to me. They’ll take care of you for sure!

How long does it take to get your replacement once they contact you? I talked to them Thursday the 8th and the decision was made to replace my knife. But still no email from them to say it’s shipped. I tried them calling this past Friday, but couldn’t get an answer.

I have a brand new Spyderco Delica 4 I bought from an authorized dealer for a great price because it was their display model. But I’m sending it in to the warranty department in Golden because of issues. It’s very off center, so much so that the blade is rubbing the liner. It also has side to side play but the pivot is cranked down. Plus I can’t adjust it because of red Loctite. Are these issues the warranty department can fix? If so, how’s Spyderco’s Warranty department? I have no experience with them. Thanks.

Maybe I'm reading something into this, but your saying the Delica "was their display model" leads me to think you bought it in person at a store. If so, why didn't you take the time to inspect it before buying? Not saying Spyderco won't take care of you, just trying to understand the logic here.

How long does it take to get your replacement once they contact you? I talked to them Thursday the 8th and the decision was made to replace my knife. But still no email from them to say it’s shipped. I tried them calling this past Friday, but couldn’t get an answer.

Depends on whether they have a replacement in stock, and on where you live. If you're in the "lower 48", and assuming they have one available, Spyderco will ship it by UPS ground, so it will take whatever time a UPS ground shipment from Colorado takes. As for the email, I can't recall ever getting one when a knife was being returned after warranty work. They all just showed up.

I was wondering the same thing. Why would you (the OP) take the display model if it was so subpar? I don't understand.

Maybe I'm reading something into this, but your saying the Delica "was their display model" leads me to think you bought it in person at a store. If so, why didn't you take the time to inspect it before buying? Not saying Spyderco won't take care of you, just trying to understand the logic here.

Depends on whether they have a replacement in stock, and on where you live. If you're in the "lower 48", and assuming they have one available, Spyderco will ship it by UPS ground, so it will take whatever time a UPS ground shipment from Colorado takes. As for the email, I can't recall ever getting one when a knife was being returned after warranty work. They all just showed up.

I was wondering the same thing. Why would you (the OP) take the display model if it was so subpar? I don't understand.

for a great price

I can't really say. For me I'd get a knife I didn't need to ship away immediately but that's me. Must have been a great price to this guy.
Same here. But yeah , must have been a steal.

Anyway , I bet he gets the new one delivered any day now.

Wolverines - if the price is super attractive (let's say $20 for a display Delica 4), then it makes sense to buy it even if the guy knows there are issues with it. The question here is whether such a product is still eligible for warranty work. I'd venture to say probably yes. See he really cannot return it to the store because the issues with the knife may have been released to him by the store.

Wolverines - if the price is super attractive (let's say $20 for a display Delica 4), then it makes sense to buy it even if the guy knows there are issues with it. The question here is whether such a product is still eligible for warranty work. I'd venture to say probably yes. See he really cannot return it to the store because the issues with the knife may have been released to him by the store.
True , $20 is hard to turn down.

I once bought a used domino that was a complete mess, barely flipped and gritty as sand. Sent it to spyderco and was completely honest, told them I’d bought it used and also tried tuning it myself. Even though it was out of warranty they still fixed it for a minor fee. Great service imo.

Maybe I'm reading something into this, but your saying the Delica "was their display model" leads me to think you bought it in person at a store. If so, why didn't you take the time to inspect it before buying? Not saying Spyderco won't take care of you, just trying to figure out your logic.

I inspected it but for $30 I couldn’t pass up another Delica.

You’re exactly right. I can’t return it because it was the display model and on clearance.

Have you tried the screws on the grip? Tighten them up and see if that helps,

Joe

It was $30. I couldn’t pass it up.

I did the same with a Benchmade Spike 15 years ago. Got it at a great discount due to issues, sent it in for the free warranty repair and it's still a great knife. I got a new Gentleman SOG cheap for its blemish at a great discount, but I didn't need to send it in.

Back