Spyderco's spa treatment?

JTR357

Gold Member
I use some of my Spyderco's for work. I'm a roofer so they can get pretty gunked up. My question is: Will they disassemble, clean oil & sharpen or just sharpen them?

They will address repairs and QC issues to some degree (depending on what’s going on).

I’ve never heard of them offering a dedicated spa service, other than a resharpening. But I agree with you, it’s worth a phone call.

You might get it resharpened, but it's just gonna be whatever dude is doing it that day.

I love Spyderco, but they don't do a spa service. I've taken knives back to the Factory Outlet to get them touched up and been happy with that but I wouldn't count on anything beyond that.

**crickets** I guess I'll just call them. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sorry, I can't answer your question, but your response of crickets reminds me of what I often said about Viet Nam. Folks at home listen to crickets at night and we go to sleep with the sound of .50s firing in the background. thump, thump, thump, thump.

Just wondering, which Spyderco are you using up on roofs?

"Crickets" is pretty much the universal response to not getting a response, lol. Usually, some version of the UKPK. I have a fully serrated one that desperately needs a spa treatment. Thanks for your service.

I should add, there isn't a spa treatment as such, but maybe they'll disassemble, etc. I know they will reassemble if you need it, so...

You may get a better response posting directly on the Spyderco forum on their website. Sal hangs out there often.

If we are talking about a screwed construction, then it shouldn't be too hard to dissasemble at home, cleaning all the gunk with, say, break cleaner or pure acetone, and then assemble again with some oil and a touch of thread locker if needed.

The sharpening of the serrations might be the trickiest part because unless you go one by one by hand with the corner of a triangluar stone from the Sharpmaker... you will end up rounding them off.. eventually.

As long as you don't loose any part, you should be ok!

Mikel

Back