1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyders That Just MUST Return

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by JD Spydo, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Not exactly the same as the previous version, but I’d like to see the full sized dyad in a lightweight version. For me, there’s something quintessentially Spyderco about that design but the triple steel liners and double backspacers make it heavy for a pocket knife.

And I’ve said it before (but everyone ignored me so I’ll say it again), I’d love to see the street Bowie and Temperance 1 fixed blades brought back in a tougher steel - 3v, 4v, cru-wear, etc.

Lapedog likes this.
  2. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I wouldn't mind seeing an upgraded version of the old Wayne Goddard Lightweight. Perhaps even in a Salt version with a FFG, LC200N blade. I really liked both the handle and blade shape on this knife.

Jim

JLeBlanc likes this.
  3. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    A new Jess Horn II in micarta or g10 would be an instant buy for me. Luckily I was able to pick up an old one in white micarta, but I'd still love to have an updated one in ffg.

[​IMG]

metaxasm likes this.
  4. metaxasm

metaxasm Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2002
    The Almite Navigator, because I lost mine. I do still have the box. I could also go for a sprint run of the 1st Chinook.

5. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    A sprint run of the Chokwe would be awesome. I think I remember Sal mentioning a mini version in the works some time ago.

6. JLeBlanc

JLeBlanc

May 13, 2019
    I'm not sure if it's a "must," but I think the Rookie should return :)

7. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    There were not a lot of small bladed Spyderco models I was enthused with over the years but the Jess Horn models were an exception. Particularly that old C-27 is just about everyone's "grail" type folder as an ultimate collector piece.
    My personal favorite Jess Horn was the 2006 version with ZDP-189 blade steel. That's one I would like to see return but if they wanted to use a newer steel than ZDP-189 would also be fine by me.
    And the JD Smith with a Supersteel would also be high on my list of much wanted Sprint Runs.

inkynate likes this.
  8. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I really regret not getting the large Calypso (light brown FRN handle?).

9. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    G10. Really expensive nowadays on the secondary market!

10. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I think it was $125. At that time the Para, and Manix XL were $90 something, and I thought the Calypso was overpriced..........oops.

11. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    If you like the Sprint Run brown G-10 C-54 Calypso then you would absolutely love the original Micarta units in both PE & SE. That was the second best Spyderedged unit I ever used.

mwhich50 likes this.