Spydie Return for Clip Repair??

I have a LE friend who is not really a Knife Knut but does like to buy/sell occasionally. One day he stated that the Metal Clip on his Spydie (can't remember the which model) had broken. I assured him that the company would probably replace the Clip if he would send it back to them. Well after several weeks he still hasn't sent it to them. So I graciously told him that if he wanted me to I perform the monumental tasks of boxing up the knife, finding the address to send it to and mailing it off, that I would. I knew there was a Spydie Forum here on BF (though I have rarely visited) and I also knew that someone here could share the correct return address and maybe even his/her experience (good or bad) with sending a knife back to Spyderco for repair. Thanks in advance.

------------------
-------------------------
Marine Sniper Motto:
There's no use Running, you'll only Die Tired!

I returned an old-model Endura and a Pro-Grip for cip replacements, specifying metal clips.

The Pro-Grip was returned as sent with a nice note apologizing for the fact that this knife's design precluded fitting a replacement metal clip.

The Endura was returned with an excellent metal clip fitted, and it sits in my pocket as this is typed. I prefer the ergonomics of the older Endura handle design, and it is my every-day carry blade; until the smaller Military is available, of course...<G>

Figure on four to six weeks turnaround, depending upon their work load when you send the knife back. But I was charged NOTHING (to include return postage) for this service. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Steve

Back