Spydiechef proper use - paella 'mare e monti' recipe

So here's a proper use of Spydiechef... and you can use yours too! Just roughly follow some simple instructions:

1. Clean & cut quality mushrooms, porcini preferred. Fry on a big pan with garlic and fresh lemon juice.

pael1_web-1.jpg

2. Chop parsley. Clean some shrimp, fry as well.

pael1_web-2.jpg

3. Cut cocktail tomatoes in half.

pael1_web-3.jpg

4. Put everything together in a big paella pan, add beans, salt, pepper, curcuma.

pael1_web-4.jpg

5. Pour homemade broth and some white wine, add paella rice and simmer for another 10 min or so until ready. Add more broth (or water) if needed.

pael1_web-5.jpg

6. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy with a glass of fine white wine like albariño :)

pael1_web-6.jpg

Cheers!
P

My new Spydiechef CQI just arrived! Ceramic detent & blackened screws for total rustproof rating! And below CQI against my good old standard Spydiechef. Did I experience any rusting issues during all the years of using my Chef? Well, not really, but... can you have too many Spydiechefs? ;)

spydiechef2_web.jpg

Now I need to put this beauty into proper use. Maybe social distancing at home due to COVID-19 could be sort of excuse to spend more time in the kitchen?

PiterM, Your photos are alway great and now you throw in a recipe. Your dinner looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. Stay safe and take care.

JonesE

Thank you PiterM PiterM for some fine, inspiring food and knife pictures! Interesting to see the two spydiechefs side by side.

Does the lanyard tube still rattle in the cqi version?

that was my biggest gripe with the spydiechef

Back