Spydiechef!

Wow.
That's weird of them.
Did you have it shipped disassembled, or did they disassemble it at the customs?

Anyway, if you can find metric washers in a local hardware store or online, get OD 0.393" (10 mm) x ID 0.177" (4.5 mm) x thickness 0.02" (0.5 mm).
Washers with ID 3/16" (0.1875" or 4.76 mm) may also work.

Otherwise, I can send you a few Teflon washers.

Welcome to the forums.

Wow. Quick response! Is there a better way I can contact you at?

Send me an email @jackie1@ualberta.ca

Thanks Miso.

J JChow6 , I can mail you a pair PB washers that are 3/16 id x 3/8 od x .020 th that are not an exact match but will probably work.

I can throw in a pair each of 3/16 x 1/2 x 0.20 and 3/16 x 1/2 x 0.16 for experimentation.

All I ask in return is good karma and a report back on your efforts getting the Spydiechef up and running. I wish you luck with that.

Let me know if you want ‘em and I’ll ping your email.

Anything to support one of my northern brethren in the face of unlawful CBSA totalitarianism a Spyderco fan having a rough day.

Last edited:
BD_01 BD_01
Thank you so much, I would love to get my hands on them. Send me an email!

It is quite unfortunate that the CBSA is doing this. They are putting our local shops out of business. I hope the petitions that we have signed make a difference.

Jack

PS: this community never ceases to amaze me

Nice reviews, albeit an older thread. I really like the way my Spydercos cut and sharpen but I have a hard time letting go of the construction and finishing of my CRKs. I'm also preferential to sheepsfoot/wharncliffe derived blades (even if they are slightly bellied in comparison to a true one). All of which recently put me on a hunt that has led me to the Spydiechef. Does anyone have any side by size comparison photos with both a small and large Sebenza? Closed and open shots would be great.

Nice reviews, albeit an older thread. I really like the way my Spydercos cut and sharpen but I have a hard time letting go of the construction and finishing of my CRKs. I'm also preferential to sheepsfoot/wharncliffe derived blades (even if they are slightly bellied in comparison to a true one). All of which recently put me on a hunt that has led me to the Spydiechef. Does anyone have any side by size comparison photos with both a small and large Sebenza? Closed and open shots would be great.

Sorry for a late response. I don’t spend as much time here as I used to.

The Spydiechef isn’t as refined a a Sebenza (as one would expect). It’s still a classic though. It feels great in hand, like a Spyderco should.

I keep mine touched up on a strop & occasional Sharpmaker and haven’t had the need for a reprofile or major sharpening.

It has a larger profile than a Senenza, but it’s thinner (even compared to a PJ) & lighter and carries great.

Last edited:
Nice review and yes I use my folding and outdoor fixed blades in the kitchen too as I don't get to use them as much in the outdoors or office as I world like. They're a compromise versus my Japanese kitchen knives but I know that, and getting some use is worthwhile.

Back