SR-101 Steel . . . . "Last Hurrah" (Part 1) Coming This Sunday, October 16, 2022, at 9:00pm Eastern!!!

Jerry Busse

Last Hurrah (Part 1) After receiving many, many phone calls and emails, we have determined that, with the large number of Scrap Yard models available, we would spread the "Last Hurrah" offers out a little bit in order to facilitate those who wish to purchase one or more of each model.

Click here to read about the demise of SR-101 Steel:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/we-bid-farewell-to-sr-101-steel.1895535/

With the demise of our legendary SR-101 blade steel, comes YOUR LAST AND ONLY OPPORTUNITY to purchase the remainder of these particular models in many, if not all, of our standard blade finishes!!!

These will be available on both the Busse Combat and Scrap Yard websites starting this Sunday, October 16, 2022, at 9:00pm Eastern.

The total numbers available of each model will vary.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

WS-1020

WS-1 Scrap Satin.jpg

WS-422
WS-422.jpg

WS-621
WS_621_Satin_Outside_wheel_PS__17595.jpg

DB-522
DB-522 satin.jpg

DB-421
SYKCO 8 Drop - Copy.jpg

You don't
Are you guys going to do the alpha regulator in it ?View attachment 1959238

Pretty sure these are already made, Jerry's made it clear they only were making knives that had outstanding orders left to fill with this steel until those are done.

These models were released many moons ago and have bee a fixture on the Scrap Yard site for what feels like ages now.

Well damn. I really like SR-101. Don't have that many blades in the steel, but it's been fantastic in my tomahawk and it's taken a ton of abuse.

I have seven knives in SR-101. I absolutely love it and I'm sad to see it go, but I'm looking forward to see the performance in what you replace it with.

I use the ws221 wharnie in the kitchen every single day and I can’t get it to rust. I normally clean it after use, but sometimes don’t. And besides having a nice patina there’s no damage to the blade at all. Holding the edge like a champ as well.
Really having fun with the omg15, effortlessly slashing chopping and stabbing thu water jugs. It’s a killer dagger.
Sorry to see you go sr101

The DB-421 is very nice. I've got the stonewashed, might pick up a satin.

If there’s any way I can order a dt12 sawback, I definitely will. Missed out on the first run.

This will certainly NOT have a second run, be assured. They will make the ones for the orders already placed but they don't have the means to run full scale production SR-101 anymore so any future runs would have to be a different steel.

The WS-1020 is a permanent resident in our kitchen. It's got a lovely patina, it's easy to keep sharp, and the wife has claimed it as hers 🤣
Love the blade shape. If I didn't have a Busse Slicer, I would be all over it.

Back