SR-Mini @ Blade 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JULY 28th: Now that Blade 12 is behind us let's keep all SR-Mini talk to the other thread ("SR-! Mini..."). This way all of the info on the great new knife will be in on place. And, it will become easier for Gianni and Moletta to monitor.

Will the SR-Mini have any presence at Blade this year?

Last edited:
I really want to see something about this version! Just ordered a SR-1! Looking forward to have a mini!

There was no Mini at the Blade Show. They said that they couldn't make enough full size SR-1's to keep up with the demand, so that introducing a mini version didn't seem feasible right now.

... I am so sorry.... I am not able to introduce the SR-1 Mini in this moment.
All the drawings are ready but I have so many back orders of the old items that it is not a good idea to introduce a new items in this moment.
I hope to have it ready in September/October 2012

Anything else you can tell us about the mini Gianni? Will it be a scaled down version of the SR1 using the same design and materials?

yes... I want to introduce the SR-1 using the same design and material.
Of course I will do some minor changing, but at the end you will have a small brother of SR-1.
I am going to use Sleipner also for the SR-1 Mini.
SR-1 is 211 mm overall
SR-1 mini will be around 190 mm overall

Very happy this is still in the works. I am truly looking forward to this knife and hope it will be around for Christmas... :D

... I am so sorry.... I am not able to introduce the SR-1 Mini in this moment.
All the drawings are ready but I have so many back orders of the old items that it is not a good idea to introduce a new items in this moment.
I hope to have it ready in September/October 2012

That's very admirable of you.:thumbup:

:)

I saw Lionsteel at Blade this year. I was very impressed with the SR 1. Can't wait for the mini!!!

Looking forward to a little brother to my SR-1

Gianni, what do you currently intend the blade length to be? Will it have the same blade shape?

Thanks for keeping this project on-line, Gianni!!

Best regards,

Eric

We have a good news.... finally the new orizontal 4 axis cnc machine is arrived. We are setting it in these days.
In September, after summer holiday (yes I will do it!!! ) this machine will start to work.
It mean that we have space to develope the SR-1 mini.
As soon as we have the first proto I will put here some pictures.

We are thinking to open a pre-order reservation in September.... but not sure.

We have a good news.... finally the new orizontal 4 axis cnc machine is arrived. We are setting it in these days.
In September, after summer holiday (yes I will do it!!! ) this machine will start to work.
It mean that we have space to develope the SR-1 mini.
As soon as we have the first proto I will put here some pictures.

We are thinking to open a pre-order reservation in September.... but not sure.

Sounds Great!

Great new Gianni! I am truly looking forward to this knife.

Thank you for the update,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back