sr1 fit and finish quality issues..

I assume, if they were $200 range knives, that he is speaking of the Al version.

As to QC/fit & finish; I bought an unopened SR1 (Ti) from Gianni's stock at Blade on my way out. Riding with someone else, I got to open mine for the first time when we were headed back to Birmingham. I was shocked by the effort required - the first time. It quickly improved. It is not a flipper, a la my ZT-0561. That's okay - I'm not an auto/assist/flipper kind of knife user, anyway! Other than that, it is as near perfect as a my pair of CR's. Perfectly centered, too. The knife has been in my display case for a week - and, just now, is stiff again. Once again, it eases up with use. Oddly, it is similar, at least in that regard, to my CR/WC 'StarTac' Umnumzaan - which also stiffens up as it 'rests' - but eases with use. Obviously, they need to be carried more!

Stainz

I bought an SR-1 from a forum member and he stated the blade was not centered. I received the knife, and sure enough it was not centered. I loosened the pivot bolt and tightened it to the point at which the blade was not experiencing just a little friction, and the blade was then perfectly centered. I have 4 SR-1's and had 3 others that I have sold and not one has had a problem of any sort, except the one mentioned above that I was able to fix.

Back