SR1 Fixed Blade Folder.......

It would be negligent to not mention one should not remove the pocket clip? Why? Curious.
Response to an older post in this thread.....the clip screws screw into a threaded barrel. But that barrel isn't keyed into the liners or handle material, the the screws tend not to tighten properly, and due to he fine treads used, these barrels also strip very easily. It was a horrible design decision.

I just got an SR1 and removed the clip so I could smooth out some of the G10. There's a T-6 at each end of the barrel screw but it felt like the female side was either keyed or glued in place, I only turned the male bolt side but still held female side with a T-6. The threads are still pretty tiny/fine - it was iffy getting them re-threaded, but they went back together fine. I only felt comfortable with finger tightening (just turning the bit with index/thumb, no wrench), not something I'd want to do repeatedly. T6s seem kinda wimpy for hard-use knife like this ... kind of out of place compared to the rest of the knife. My 'lighter-use' Manix2 XL uses more serious Torx bolts all around.

Quite a few sharp surfaces/edges/corners on the knife making the knife feel a bit 'raw' and unfinished - nearly the opposite of the 4Max, which is almost too smooth, but after some sandpaper/file time to 'tune' it to my personal tactile tastes, it feels great in hand. Aside from that, though, everything else is great... centering, lockup, clip retention, smoothness of action, etc..

At the moment, it's feeling Goldilock's 'just right' between my Manix2 XL and 4Max - I think I'm going like this knife.

Mine had a bit of up and down play, someone here suggested loosing the screw behind the back-lock. Turns out that didn't help at all, but tightening it down produced the result of a rock solid blade.
r0118g.jpg

Back