SR11 Flipper

Whyyyyyy sleipner. Lionsteel, get away from using mostly non-stainless on folders :(. I'd love this knife if it was N690co or comparable stainless steel (or better even).

Looks awesome at first glance.

But all that effort and it's still got Sleipner tool steel. :confused:

Edit: LionSteel, please, oh please consider producing a M390 version. Maybe even just a limited run. You'd basically have all the boxes checked for a modern folder: thick blade, flipper, bearings, titanium integral, lockbar insert, glass breaker, and the RotoBlock. So many great features but no supersteel. Just so confused as to why a flagship knife wouldn't have a higher end steel.

Last edited:
Totally agree that SR11 should have had M390 not Sleipner.

You have the M4 fixed blade with M390 and the SR11 folder with Sleipner!

Whyyyyyy sleipner. Lionsteel, get away from using mostly non-stainless on folders :(. I'd love this knife if it was N690co or comparable stainless steel (or better even).

Test Sleipner for edge retention combined with ease of sharpening just once, and you'll understand this choice.

LionSteel has added black blades. I thick they should have made the hardware also black for a blackout look.

sr11a_bb.jpg

Hmm. I just put the KUR on my wannit list.

Now there's the SR11 in aluminum. Tough choice. KUR is is a couple ounces lighter, with a full flat ground blade. Are both the KUR and SR11 conventional v-grinds, or convex grinds?

Any idea how soon these will be available in stores and online outlets here in the US, GianniLion?

Any idea how soon these will be available in stores and online outlets here in the US, GianniLion?

Back to the top with thee! I am curious to know the answer to this as well^^^ Are you all still on track for this month?

Not much activity here. Hoping to see the SR11 for sale here in the States sometime soon. I've mostly gotten out of buying/collecting knives but this is one of the few knives that I plan on getting for sure.

SR-11 should be at U.S. dealers in about 3-4 weeks from now.

i'm hoping this knife is everything i'm expecting it to be. the sr1a is one of my personal favorites, it's not often i am genuinely impressed with a knife but the sr1 astounded me and the sr11 appears to be even more awesome. i can't wait.

I would love to see an SR-12 version of this. SR-2 sized flipper. The Sr-1 and 11 are just too big for my typical EDC.

great looker -- how's the action? what are the detent and lockup like? any comparisons you could make, either favorable or not?

Smooth action, flips nicely. Better than the LionSTEEL KUR and TRE. Maybe not the fastest in the market but it flips open in one smooth action. Also falls shut due to gravity, maybe with a little wrist movement.

Also looking forward to the smaller version :)

Smooth action, flips nicely. Better than the LionSTEEL KUR and TRE. Maybe not the fastest in the market but it flips open in one smooth action. Also falls shut due to gravity, maybe with a little wrist movement.

Also looking forward to the smaller version :)

thanks for the insight!

Back