SR2 Pictures (SR1 MINI)

Great breaking news! the 2013 starts very well!!
Thanks Gianni this is an awesome knife.
Will you be at EXA?

SR MINI SR MINI SR MINI

Here are the first picture of the SR mini.
Blade: Sleipner 61 HRC. 4 mm thickness. 76 mm edge of blade
Overall: 180 mm
Weight in aluminum version: 108 gr
Handle: Solid block of Titanium or Aluminum

Hi Gianni, I´m really looking forward to this knife! But you didn´t mention D2 steel for aluminium version anywhere. Does it mean, that both TI and AL SR-1 Minis will have Sleipner steel?

I believe that it was just misunderstanding and AL Minis will have D2 blade, but it wouldn´t be bad if not :).

Very excited over this one, GL. Just my size.

Ever since you clued me in that you're manufacturing the Fox Pro Hunter fixed blades (friggin' love mine), you've been on my radar, Sir! Your stuff is perhaps the best fit-and-finished production cutlery at its pricepoint on the market today, and soon to be not such a well-kept secret.

Please keep up the kickassery. :)

Prof.

Hi Gianni, I´m really looking forward to this knife! But you didn´t mention D2 steel for aluminium version anywhere. Does it mean, that both TI and AL SR-1 Minis will have Sleipner steel?

I believe that it was just misunderstanding and AL Minis will have D2 blade, but it wouldn´t be bad if not :).

No any mystake.... SR2 will have Sleipner steel in all versions... I love this steel... :D

Very excited over this one, GL. Just my size.
Ever since you clued me in that you're manufacturing the Fox Pro Hunter fixed blades (friggin' love mine), you've been on my radar, Sir! Your stuff is perhaps the best fit-and-finished production cutlery at its pricepoint on the market today, and soon to be not such a well-kept secret.
Please keep up the kickassery. :)
Prof.

Thanks... But I think that there are some good company in the market. I like CRk, ZT.. For two different reason, the first because he makes the best knife from several years, the second for all the research and innovation that always introduce in his new knives.

Thanks for your answer, Gianni! I´ve already noticed the "Sleipner" mark on the blade, didn´t see it before. That´s great to hear! :thumbup:

Btw could you please tell us what will be the expected pricing for Minis (Euro is ok ;))?

I am really looking forward to more pictures of the SR2. That is great news about the steel.

Been ECD'ing this exclusively for a few weeks now and I really like the way it carries (I remove the pocket clip and attach a lanyard and carry in my front pocket next to my wallet.) Red was my first choice, but not available and I liked the color of "Rescue Orange". It also works color-wise with the local football team.

Attachments

• photo-21.jpg
    photo-21.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 29
IfwrMYIohxibP-8-x1GkNzkJNcVwPWQpOitQIcYgEN8

UMVb7hnySm5XKOAKmzcbHvt30ov560XrU7ALNFlTwLo

Nice.

Thanks, Mantzao. She's lovely! I'm eagerly awaiting my ti SR2.

Is your thumb still sore?

My aluminum version is easier to disengage after a month or so of break-in. Even so, I still find myself using two hands to close it.

The only other issue is that the aluminum scales can be annoyingly slippery. I'm glad that you found the titanium to be a good grip.

I hope that the ti version is worth twice the $$. She's beautiful enough to get by on looks alone!

i never needed to use both hands to disengage but i agree that the lock bar is strong and a little "dificult" to disengage.
this one can be a little slippery too but the ergonomic handle is so nice with that choil that i don't see it going anywhere.
the thickness of the blade is what really suprises me.
any explanation to why it was made so thick?
i really love it though :)

The thickness was something I didn't get in the translation mantzao- is it as thick as the dpx folder?

Nice write up as always! :thumbup:

The thickness was something I didn't get in the translation mantzao- is it as thick as the dpx folder?

Nice write up as always! :thumbup:

Thanks friend:)
Yes, I believe it is 4mm thick.
It's quite amazing to tell the you truth.
It hasn't left my pocket since it arrived :)

Btw, does it translate good to english?
I mean, does it make sense at all? :)

Back