• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

St. Louis knife shows ??

Old Smith

Gold Member
If anyone is aware of any scheduled knife shows in the St. Louis area, I would appreciate hearing about them (date & location).

Thanks

There's one in January at the Carpenter's Hall...not sure of the actual date, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.

November 26, 27 & 28, 2004
Machinist's Hall
12365 St. Charles Rock Road
Bridgeton, Missouri

Public > Fri: 4pm-8pm, Sat: 9am-5pm, Sun: 9am-3pm
Admission > $6 • Children under 12 are free with parent
Dealers Set-Up > Fri: 10am-4pm, Sat: 8am-9am

I have been to this one before, not too many knives but lots of guns and related stuff. Hope this helps.

That's a gun show, and not a very good one at that. Very small room with very tight aisles.

The St. Louis KNIFE show is at the end of January, in the Carpenter's Union Hall. It's a good show.

Durwood said:
There's one in January at the Carpenter's Hall...not sure of the actual date, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.

It's the third weekend of January, I am supposed to pick up a handmade folder from the maker at the show.

Is that the one on or around Hampton Ave? If so, I've been before, good selection of knives.

Yep, that the one. The same exit as the Zoo, except you go the other direction South. Only a couple of blocks South of hwy 40.

The Last Confederate said:
It's the third weekend of January, I am supposed to pick up a handmade folder from the maker at the show.

Hey guys... might check the date... my calender from the OKCA has it the same weekend as Reno and Las Vegas.. Jan 28-30...

However, I have had calenders from groups that weren't accurate... and unfortunately, I can't attend any one of 'em! :grumpy:

Hope y'all have fun!

Especially if Danbo decides to show off some of his new booty!!! :D

Does anyone know if the Metro (train) takes you very close to where this show is? Thanks

No, the Metro goes pretty far North of the show. The show is a few blocks South of Hwy 40, while the Metro ventures North, shortly after the stadium and heads towards the airport.

I turned down a couple of mighty good shows to do this one :D
Seriously though, I've been attending the Gatway Area Knife show for 10 years and it's a great show that not many know about. It has 100+ tables, some fine makers and even a few good dealers :) Ya'll stop by if you can, ya hear.

Don Hanson lll sunfishforge.com

How was the show today? I got ready to leave at 6:00 a.m. and the roads were too bad for me to go. I will try again in the morning. Is this show worth a 3 1/2 hour drive to go to? Are there very many custom makers there? Thanks

Back