St.Moritz Bladeforums Watch

Jedi Knife

Banned
Thanks to one of the forumites here, I've discovered the functional elegance of St.Moritz watches. Shortly after I e-mailed an inquiry to them I received a very handsome , spiral bound catalog with all their styles in it, and in the back there was a special section on custom printing logos on watch faces. It occurs to me that a Bladeforums Pathfinder TI would kick some serious booté. Whadya say we try to wrestle Mr.Spark into considering something like this? There is a picture of the watch I have in mind at this thread here http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum57/HTML/000475.html
Special thanks to Ned for introducing me to these well made but affordable timepieces.
Anyway, what do you guys think? You could even engrave your forum name on the back, if you wanted to.

JK

The Doxa looks like a great sports watch-anyone have any experience with the watch or company?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Senator:
...Here's a thread on TimeZone...

</font>

Kelly,

I'm also a high-end watch collector so I checked out TimeZone - WOW, what a snake pit!
biggrin.gif
Sure makes you appreciate how civilized BladeForums is.

------------------
Holger :c{{{&lt;
AKTI Member No: A001324
CKG-F
-----------------------
www.cockroachfarm.com

It seems TZ has their own set of "characters" that likes to stir the pot, much as BladeForums does. For the most part, TZ is every bit as good a resource for watches as BFC is for knives. However, I *hate* their message board software. Threads disappear after a few days, so if you want to do some research or go back and look at pics that have been posted, you're out of luck.

------------------
Kelly
My Custom Knife Collection

Member NCCKG, SCAK, and AKTI

Deo Vindice

I guess I started this with the post on the Pathfinder TI. The Doxa looks like an excellent value. An ETA 2824 movement with sapphire crystal (tougher than the hardened mineral glass on the Pathfinder) is a helluva deal. This is a popular movemnt and one of the more reliable made by ETA. Thre are watches with this movement costing over $1000, but mostly you have to pay from $250 to $400 street price for a an auto with ETA 2824.

The issues to consider in comparison with the Doxa:

Accuracy: it's and auto so it will lose or gain from a few to 15 or so seconds every day. The quartz in the Pathfinder is more accurate.

Weight: The Doxa probably wieghs twice what the Pathfinder weighs. This is good for some people, not so good for others.

Batteries: Doxa will never need them.

Alarm: Pathfinder has one, Doxa no.

Truth be told, I'd like to have them both. the Doixa for dressier occasions, and I'll keep my Pathfinder for knoicking around and everyday.

Senator-have seen your knife collection and consider you have great taste. For years I've been looking for the perfect sports watch-something with great design-accurate-and status. My question is would YOU wear this watch?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by beherethen:
Senator-have seen your knife collection and consider you have great taste. For years I've been looking for the perfect sports watch-something with great design-accurate-and status. My question is would YOU wear this watch?</font>

Well, my taste in watches matches my taste in knives (at least I think so), but my budget doesn't even come close to supporting two high-dollar addictions. Actually, I've just started getting into the whole watch thing in the last year or so. Due to home schooling our kids, the knife affliction, and a desire to acquire some knifemaking equipment, I'm stuck with some el-cheapo watches for a while. My current daily wear is a Wegner Swiss Army Battalion Diver quartz on a stainless bracelet. My yard work/beater watch is a Casio G-Shock. (How's that for great taste?
wink.gif
)

Would I wear the Doxa? Yeah, I would. It would make a nice daily wear - especially to work. I think it's a nice looking watch. It's big enough for my tastes. It also offers one of the things I value most in a watch - easy readability. I like to be able to tell at a quick glance what time it is. I have yet to see another watch offer so much value for such a small price. If I hadn't just gotten back from the Blade Show (with a new Dan Winkler bowie that I swore I wasn't gonna get) I would've already gotten one.

Man, I always thought custom knives were expensive. I saw a thread on TimeZone.com the other day commenting that a certain $14,000 watch was such a value compared to its competitors' offerings.
eek.gif

BTW - if I had the cash for it, the Omega Seamaster Model 2255.80 with the Oyster-style bracelet would be my daily wear. Now that's style!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kelly
My Custom Knife Collection

Member NCCKG, SCAK, and AKTI

Deo Vindice

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I guess I started this with the post on the Pathfinder TI. </font>

Hell yes, you did. Now I'm waiting for mine to arrive! My solid stainless steel Citizen Eco-Drive just seems so heavy sometimes- it's one of the first things I take off when I get home, after my shoes. I've been searching for a titanium watch but most of the ones I've seen are crappy "minimalist" flimsy dress watches, until I read your post. It seems that St.Moritz watches have a good following, and the Pathfinder TI fits the bill.

JK

Back