Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite makers are always sold out when I get to their table. I only ever get to see pictures. ;) too late for april fools?
Today was the first day of a three day event, I got there 30 minutes after the doors opened to the general public. No April's fool.

Today was the first day of a three day event, I got there 30 minutes after the doors opened to the general public. No April's fool.

Ask XXXX XXXXXXX to show you a knife 30 minutes after the doors open. Sorry, I intended the previous post to be nothing but levity.

I will not name drop, point fingers, nor claim to have a measure by proxy. I did not know the moderators knifemaking was questioned?

I wonder if most of the sub-forum users understand how many newbies flinched and ran off when they called out a behavior, and not a person. ;)

I didn't need to see pics of stacys knives to know he is an experienced knife maker
I've been reading him here for years explaining techniques and methods which is obviously from his vast experience

Dang it! I keep wanting to go to this show because one it's relatively close and two to meet Stacy! I've learned a ton of info off this forum from LOTS of folks Stacy being one.

I didn't need to see pics of stacys knives to know he is an experienced knife maker
I've been reading him here for years explaining techniques and methods which is obviously from his vast experience
No picture no fish ............... I think that is reason why someone here have doubt about Stacy ...I found that most of his advice are right so that is what matter to me ...

Over the past two or three years that I've been here on bladeforums, a couple people have knocked Stacy E Apelt, declaring that he is not a knife maker, had no makers mark and never shows his work.
I guess that's easy to do when your only experience with someone is based solely on interactions over the internet.
Today, I had occasion to go to the Shenandoah Valley Knife Show in Harrisonburg Virginia, and lo and behold who should I run into there but Mr. Stacy E Apelt, Bladesmith, himself.
After spending a good bit of the afternoon walking around this knife show and talking to Stacy and other knifemaker / vendors, I can assure you that Stacy is indeed a seasoned, experienced bladesmith, and I saw and handled MANY examples of his work. Stacy makes some very nice looking knives and judging from peoples reactions at Stacy's tables, he should have a very good weekend. What was even more telling was the respect I saw from other knifemakers there with regard to Stacy and his work.
Maybe, just maybe Stacy participates on the forums to try to give something back to a field he seems to love. He isn't trying to build his brand, but is trying to help educate the next generation of aspiring knifemakers.
Naysayers will always be naysayers, but I'll tell ya straight up, Stacy is the real deal.

Probably I will get in trouble again , but this thread you started is worthless .Why should anyone believe you on your words ? This is internet ...anyone can write whatever want . Like.........I make Katana sword last night ..... BUT that are only empty words without picture of that Katana I claim I make . My point is without some pictures from that knife show you just add fuel to fire .....
Don t get me wrong , I have absolutely nothing against Stacy and I believe that he make and can make nice knife .Lack of pictures of his work here make some people to doubt in him..that it is . I fully understand why you start this thread ,but if you want to defend him you need more proof then pure words ..Personally I believe you if that matters something :thumbsup:

I'm changing this thread title. Folks scanning the threads without actually reading this are going to get the wrong idea.
I never read rules on any forum I m member . I behave how I think it is right. But I think that it is not good idea to start thread about capability of one member .Thread about work of someone is one thing but thread about ability of someone is very personal ...

In my experience Stacy's posts are the most consistently knowledgeable, accurate, informative, and helpful of anyone. I wouldn't care if he wasn't a maker. From what I've seen you can take whatever he says about it to the bank.

I agree with Dan's sentiments. Stacy has been a wealth of info to the entire forum. I am grateful for his helping me personally with some metal issues, and that alone make him a good forum member. He may choose to show his work or not, that is a personal decision of his...who are we to judge.

Probably I will get in trouble again , but this thread you started is worthless .Why should anyone believe you on your words ? This is internet ...anyone can write whatever want . Like.........I make Katana sword last night ..... BUT that are only empty words without picture of that Katana I claim I make . My point is without some pictures from that knife show you just add fuel to fire .....
Don t get me wrong , I have absolutely nothing against Stacy and I believe that he make and can make nice knife .Lack of pictures of his work here make some people to doubt in him..that it is . I fully understand why you start this thread ,but if you want to defend him you need more proof then pure words ..Personally I believe you if that matters something :thumbsup:

Not that I wouldn't love to see many more pictures of Stacy's work, but in all seriousness, he has posted his fair share of pictures, including show tables, all of which should still be in his post history. If they are hard to find, it's because he's putting up a few hundred posts to every 1 picture, offering help and advice to other makers.

Now, how about this katana? :)

There are also pictures of Stacy forging blades which if you ask me is much better evidence of his being a bladesmith than pics of finish blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back